Sunday, March 30, 2008

Marvin Zindler

Marvin Zindler was one of the first memories I have of moving to Houston. That and the ride home from the airport with So and Face. I DO remember that! Anyway, when I first saw him on Eyewitness News my mouth literally fell open. I thought it was a joke but I soon learned that people took him very seriously. I must admit, that was a little frightening. I thought of him today, for some odd reason and googled his name and found out that he had passed away. He was an ugly guy, I mean just look! but he did help a lot of people during his time on Earth.

So, RIP Marvin, and I hope you don't find any roaches up there! If you do I think you had better leave them alone!

7 comments:

Bill said...

My balky dial-up service will not let me watch the clip, so I'll take your word that Marvin did good work.

Trailboss said...

That is too bad Bill because he was one of a kind!

Scott W said...

THERE'S SLIME IN THE ICE MACHINE!!!

He was famous for mispronouncing words, especially temp-a-ture.

But he did help many people that couldn't get stuff done by themselves.

dAAve said...

He was a good man. He gave endlessly to many charities and was a great fundraiser.

Zanejabbers said...

And without him, "Best Little Whore House in Texas" would not have been possibvle. His efforst led to the closing of the "Chicken Ranch. "Texas has a awhorehouse in it." Loved the clip.

Mary Christine said...

Sounds like a great guy. And I love, love, love the clothes!

Lou said...

I was reading back, and I just love the Marvin Ziiinnndleeer clip.
That really freaked me out the 1st time I saw him on TV there. I went to UT,the allied health school in Houston.I trained at MD Anderson & Hermann,and my daughter was born at Hermann.
Thanks for the memory, and yes Marvin did grow on ya.