Monday, March 24, 2008

Another Calgon Day

What a day I had yesterday. Emotions are running high in the household. We have the 16 yr old teenager daughter trying her best to achieve her goal in life, to drive me and my husband crazy, but not succeeding (close though).

My oldest step-daughter, Amy, has been admitted to the hospital for possible premature labor. She is pregnant with twin girls and is only a little over 7 months pregnant. She has been having trouble anyway so it wasn't entirely unexpected, just hard because she is so far away from us.

My son's girlfriend, Ann, was in a very bad car accident yesterday morning. Apparently she fell asleep at the wheel and hit a culvert and was ejected from the vehicle. She is going to be OK but has broken her back in 2 places and has numerous cuts and bruises. I will go see her after work today and give her and Ryan our support.

Not to mention the fact that the Texaco sign is still missing. I need to bring my camera to town and take a picture. That will satisfy my brother...........just kidding. He knows the sign is there because I said so.

All in all the above items are in God's hands. I just pray for His will and it will be fine. I just feel so helpless sometimes.

This too shall pass.

3 comments:

Scott W said...

Can we guess that Ann was not wearing a seat belt? Will you yell at her for that?

Zanejabbers said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, Dahlink.

Trailboss said...

She never wears her seat belt. I have gotten after her a few times but it never did any good. In this case we really don't know what happened. It could be that if she had been wearing it she might not have survived. There were no witnesses and she doesn't remember anything so in answer to your questions, no I will not be yelling at her. I am just thankful that the kids weren't with her. The end result would not have been good at all. In fact the car seat where Trevor sits was destroyed. Very spooky thought.