Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Curtis & Mays

Curtis & Mays
See the window on the corner of the building? It has a white sign in it indicating custom framing now, but way way back in the 60's a picture of So and So and our brother Mike hung there. The boys were wearing appropriate little boy suits and I was sporting a red velvet lacy dress that my Mam-Maw made. In the picture I am cutting my eyes over to my brother Mike. I remember why too. The photographer had some type of stuffed animal, a monkey I think, in order to get our juvenile attention and I looked over at Mike to see if he was smiling. He was and just then the photographer took the picture. Let me tell you I HATED that picture. All of the adults LOVED it. They loved it so much that the damned thing hung in that very window for a year!

I wonder if So has a picture of that. I will have to look myself. I don't even know what happened to the big one that haunted me as a small child. Maybe someone burnt it!

5 comments:

Scott W said...

I'll have to check my stash to see if I have a copy. It would be a shame if all that got lost. Maybe Mike has that large photo.

Trailboss said...

He must have it because I don't. I would love a copy.

Bill said...

Whenever I think of you and Scott, you're both wearing red velvet dresses in my mind's eye.

Trailboss said...

Actually Bill, So and I were dressed like twins. I just wasn't going to say it. I guess Mom and Dad had a feeling even when he was young about him.

Zane-nawwaa said...

Now the truth comes out. You wanted to be in the red velvet dress by yourself. Mike had nothing to do with it. LOL