Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Curtis & Mays

Curtis & Mays
See the window on the corner of the building? It has a white sign in it indicating custom framing now, but way way back in the 60's a picture of So and So and our brother Mike hung there. The boys were wearing appropriate little boy suits and I was sporting a red velvet lacy dress that my Mam-Maw made. In the picture I am cutting my eyes over to my brother Mike. I remember why too. The photographer had some type of stuffed animal, a monkey I think, in order to get our juvenile attention and I looked over at Mike to see if he was smiling. He was and just then the photographer took the picture. Let me tell you I HATED that picture. All of the adults LOVED it. They loved it so much that the damned thing hung in that very window for a year!

I wonder if So has a picture of that. I will have to look myself. I don't even know what happened to the big one that haunted me as a small child. Maybe someone burnt it!

5 comments:

Scott W said...

I'll have to check my stash to see if I have a copy. It would be a shame if all that got lost. Maybe Mike has that large photo.

Trailboss said...

He must have it because I don't. I would love a copy.

Bill said...

Whenever I think of you and Scott, you're both wearing red velvet dresses in my mind's eye.

Trailboss said...

Actually Bill, So and I were dressed like twins. I just wasn't going to say it. I guess Mom and Dad had a feeling even when he was young about him.

Zanejabbers said...

Now the truth comes out. You wanted to be in the red velvet dress by yourself. Mike had nothing to do with it. LOL