Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tis Time for Thanksgiving

There are so many things I am thankful for. It's the time of year where we all think of what we are blessed with.....and give thanks for it all. Here are just a few of mine.

To have been born in a free country.

Being born into a loving family.

Parents that even though they had their faults, as we all do, did their best to raise myself and my 2 brothers as well as they knew how.

Loving memories of past Thanksgivings being with family and friends.

The special bond that my brother So and I have and have had our entire lives.

Memories of Houston and how I "grew up" there, meaning I found my self worth.

My wonderful blogger buddies.

My children. There is no more special gift from God.

My grandchildren. Well, maybe there is a more special gift! Just kidding Steph, Ryan, Amy and Beth.

My husband Joe. He has stuck with me through thick and thin.

My health.

My home.

My pups Annie and Sophie.

My babies Jones and Dakota.

My job. I really don't mind coming to work. I love what I do and who I work with.

My 1999 Camry this is paid for, gets good gas mileage and is dependable.

To live in the country on beautiful land in a beautiful house.


Let's all remember what we have, not what we wish we had this holiday season. It is so much easier.

8 comments:

peanut said...

Great list, Trailboss !

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Wait. What? said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

J-Online said...

I love your last sentence! My sister and I are close and it is such a special relationship. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Dan and Betty said...

Well said, TB.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Dan

Scott W said...

I love you, So!

Jen said...

You are so so right. Happy Thanksgiving friend...enjoy your family and friends.

Lou said...

I think loving my job is one of my top blessing. So many people complain about theirs!

God Bless you all TB.

Technodoll said...

Very beautiful post... thank you for that :-)