Monday, November 10, 2008

Brrrrrr......................

I know that it is November. I know that the holiday season is upon us. I know what usually happens about this time of the year. I'm just not ready for it!!

I awoke this morning to a hard freeze on the ground. We finally turned on the heat yesterday and this morning I was reminded just why we had. I stayed warm sleeping due to the warm bodies of my 2 puppy dogs, but getting out of bed was challenging to say the least.

Once I got ready for work I quickly realized that I needed to start the car to get the frost off of the windows. Even though my husband was awake and could have started it for me, I trudged out into the every so chilly early morning to start it. I was glad I did too. When I got up there to get in it was warm and toasty.

The horses were in the field grazing on ice grass I guess. I don't know why they didn't have their muzzles stuck in the hay. Maybe they aren't ready for the weather either!

We know that it won't be long before we have this

DSC03500

Oh my, that can definitely wait!

8 comments:

Vintage Chicken said...

I know what you mean about the cold weather... it's coming... it's inevitable... and it's that time of year again.. but.. UGH!!!

I bought a new car this year with leather seats and electric seat warmers... I used them for the first time this weekend! I am in LOVE with those seat warmers!!

Try to stay warm and just think... it's time for all of that great holiday cooking and EATING!!

MichelleSG said...

Oh my goodness!! It's still in the 70's here, 80's last week. I don't think we'll be seeing much of that down here this season. It'll probably be a warm winter for us but I do miss the coming of seasons. When I lived in MD we'd wake to mornings like that one but I hated driving to work in it, yuck!
Stay warm!

Karen said...

"even though my husband was awake and could have started it for me," haha. Does he read your blog. If so, Shame on you, Hubby!

Dan and Betty said...

TB, you can keep the snow in your part of the country. We average only 4 inches of snow a year in central New Mexico and that's plenty for me.

Dan

Scott W said...

It's dark and raining and humid, it's not warm but I have the air conditioner on. Did I mention it's nap time?

dAAve said...

Please keep all that "stuff" up there.

Patricia Marie said...

Getting cold here too. BRRRRR.

Andrea said...

That is one thing I do not miss about the north and that is the brrrrrr days. I don't miss the snow.