Friday, November 14, 2008

Hey, It could happen.................

I had the most odd dream this morning. But first I want to tell you about my friend, my best friend Jaki. She and I met when I first started working in a Southwestern Bell Telephone office in Montrose. We quickly clicked and have been best buds since. That was in 1981. She is also my daughter's Godmother. She still works for the telephone company in Houston and she is a black woman. I mention the color of her skin because of the strange dream.

I was working with the Obama's just after they had moved into the White House. Jaki was there with me. Together we were Michelle Obama's assistants. We helped her get dressed and stuff like that. Don't judge, it was just a dream.

We had reason to be in a big room where President Obama was holding a question and answer session. We were lying down on beds waiting to be called on. Everyone had a single bed to themselves. Jaki knew the answer to her question, to be fair she guessed, and the new Pres was most impressed. Then it was my turn. No, I didn't know the answer to mine. He was not pleased. Then I had to let the kids have my two dogs because I didn't get the question right. I had to let my beloved Annie and Sophie go off with them. I was not a happy camper.

I finally woke up and what a strange feeling that was. I was pleased to turn over in bed and feel my Annie right beside me. I fell back asleep with my arm around her.

Thank goodness for dreams. Life might be a bit boring without them!

P.S. I wonder if that somehow means the new White House puppy will be a boxer? Perhaps a rescue boxer, female. That would be cool. I'm off to write the President-elect!

9 comments:

Lou said...

I want to know why I don't dream! Nothing, nada, Obama-never. Maybe I get it all out daydreaming.

MichelleSG said...

I'm right there with you Lou. Apparently we do dream but we are the rare few who have not recollection of it. My dh thinks I'm a freak. And then I tell him he knew that before he married me so what does that make him?

Bill said...

I always have the wackiest dreams. None about Obama or boxers yet, however.
Don't worry, though, because you will get to spend the holidays with Annie & Sophie. The Obamas will not collect your dogs until after the inauguration.

Syd said...

That sounds like a dream that could be unsettling, especially if you had to give up your beloved boxers. My dreams, when I have them, are usually nightmares. I'm just as glad not to dream.

Trailboss said...

Of course everyone that reads this blog knows that there is no way I would give my babies to anyone! That in itself is a nightmare to me.

Pammie said...

I have very vivid dreams and remember them for days sometimes. There is a house that I have been visiting in my dreams since I was 8 years old...nothing ever changes in it.
I hope the white house is over run with poodles....'cause I'm mean like that.

Paige said...

what an odd dream.....I wonder what it means?

steveroni said...

SEE? We TOLD you O'Bama would take away your dogs, and tax them, and send them to fight in Alaska's civil war....

Tell me what THAT dream means!

No. Wait. I'll tell you. It means steveroni has gone off his rocker, and it's getting late, and he still has not written a blog for tonight's entry. And he is sleepy. And Anna is out of town at a retreat
and, and...and it's time to CELEBRATE! PARTY-DOWN. (Mr. cat and me!)

Scott W said...

Ahem. Montrose is the part of Houston I live in. Not sure if everyone would know that.