Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's a beautiful day for a ride!

I'm just waiting for Stephanie to get home and then I am off on Jones for a wonderful Sunday ride. It is about 68 outside and not a cloud in the sky. Perfect for riding. Plus I want to get some rides in before deer season starts in a couple of weeks. I thought it was already the season but it must be turkey or something because as I thought of it I remember Joe never went until about the second week in November. Sure enough when I asked him last night that was what he said. I will still wear my orange though. No reason to be stupid huh?

I might go over to where there is a really cool Haunted House close by. It is very popular with people around here and is always fun to see during the day. The one close to me is Pirates of The Dead End . It is definitely worth checking out if you're ever in this area.

Steph should be home any minute. I'm gonna go up to the pasture and find Jones' halter. She is forever rubbing it off. Can't say that I blame her. But I like to use it when I ride. You never know when you might need to tie her up for a spell.

Yall have a wonderful Sunday...........I know I am going to!

4 comments:

Molls said...

Oooh! I'm so jealous! Going riding tomorrow though. Hope you had a fantastic time.

Trailboss said...

Got back about 30 minutes ago and had a really good time. Jones did ok, not as well as last time, she boogered a few times when deer ran from us but nothing I couldn't handle. She tested me several times but I won every time. When I got her back to my house I made her go all the way around the entire pastures and then down to the house to untack her. Only then did I let her inside the pasture and even then I tied her up (after offering her a drink of water) and groomed her. Fed her and went in the house.

These barn sour horses are for the birds....but I guess I really can't blame them. If I was a horse I'm sure I would be buddy sour and barn sour.

Joe said that my daughter's gelding didn't settle down until about 15 minutes before we got home and we were gone over 3 hours! Silly boy.

Dan and Betty said...

TB, enjoy, enjoy.

Dan

steveroni said...

TrailBoss, it sounds as if you had a really fine Sunday--so did I/we, a whole lot happened, have to rehash it all in a few Step 10 minutes.