Friday, October 17, 2008

Don't tell me I have to wait!

I went to my dermatologist's office yesterday for stitch removal. When he walked into the room he was a bit surprised to find an infection had set in where the punch biopsy was done. It was a bit swollen and red. He proceeded to tell me that most folks carry a staph infection in that area and generally never have a problem with it until something like a biopsy is done, then it can flare up. Flare up it did! He ordered the nurse to write a prescription for a very strong antibiotic for me to take for 14 days. I will definitely finish that bottle. Sometimes I have been known to not take the entire script of antibiotics but one mention of the word staph was all I needed to hear.

The nurse then proceeded to remove the two little stitches. No problem, almost home now. I waited for the findings on the pathology report. Guess what? Not back yet. Imagine that. I said "Great, here we go again." She knew exactly what I meant because she was the little darling that helped me so much the last time. She assured me that sometimes it can take 10 days (I mentioned "6 weeks too"). I will wait, I mean what else can I do? Hopefully I will hear from them next week so I can put my feeble mind to rest. If it is cancer again I will be fine. At least I have already spent my total out of pocket for this year so it shouldn't cost me anything.

I will let you all know when I find out something. In the meantime I wait....and wait....and wait.


Zanejabbers said...

Chins up honey.

Scott W said...

Just a reminder: Always finish antibiotic prescriptions! Not finishing them can cause a super infection. This is serious stuff.

I hate it that you have to wait.

MichelleSG said...

It's a staph infection woman and you always always always want to finish a full course of antibiotics. The consequences of not finishing the full course can be life threatening. Bad girl! Keep on that dr's office for the results. Labs can be sketchy at best with results, I know, I work at one!

Cat said...

I am so sorry you have to wait for such news - but I love that you found a bright spot at the end in that - your deductible is paid!

dAAve said...

Let's hope for the best news, but in the meantime, stay busy with other stuff.

Andrea said...

Oh Staff is crazy! I am with you on taking all of the antibiotics!! Staff can bet pretty scary!! Your poor nose! I do hope the results come back okay!

Dan and Betty Cooksey said...

TB, I don't have much to add except that Betty and I can appreciate what you're going through.

As you wait, don't miss out on the great life all around you.

Warmest regards,


AlkySeltzer said...

Hello, "Boss-of-Trail"..."If it's cancer again I will be fine."

Maybe if it NOT cancer you will be fine also?

We prayed for you tonight. We care about you, and about so many who are not experiencing "perfection of mind and body"....-GRIN-

And please DO let us know what's happening, when you find out anything. Thanks for sharing this.

Lou said...

Take Annie & Sophie down to that lab, and they will know to get going on your results!

Thanks for your kind remarks always, TB. You have touched me more than you know.

Karen said...

I hate waiting, too, it's always the worst part. Good job on the plant (next post). Florists are a rip-off and with a little effort on your part, you made a beautiful gift.