Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Huh?

My gosh, is it already Wednesday? I was just talking to a co-worker about how time is just flying by. He said he was told that as a kid it would happen as one gets older and "they" were right. Do you ever wonder who "they" are? I do.

I appreciate the nice comments about my recent odd face thingy but all is well. Nothing like having the ole adult acne to make a person feel young! I am feeling much better but don't look any better. But my nose is still attached which is a good thing.

All day today I can't seem to get my hands clean. I work in a fairly dirty environment which doesn't help but it is driving me crazy today. I feel like I need to stand over the sink with a bar of Lava soap and use it until it is completely gone. Ew, gross. I hate Lava soap. We have commercial grade soap in the warehouse I work in. Not the best thing for ladies hands.

We are having outstanding weather lately. Today is the first day of October and it shows. We have clear blue skies, low humidity and mild temperatures today. I love this time of year.

Now, if I could just get my hands clean I think all will be well. I'm off to the Dollar Store to fetch a bar of soap.

13 comments:

Syd said...

I figured it was the old under the skin zit. I hate those.

Trailboss said...

I guess you know when you're getting older when you post to the entire blogworld that you have zits. **sigh**

MichelleSG said...

Oh man I hate those. I wish I could say I stopped getting them but no, they never go away. Almost as bad as the inside the nose ones. Man those are painful!
And don't go getting OCD on us and washing your hands bloody, that lava soap can do a number on your skin. If my hands don't get clean I tend to lotion them up really good and then wash them. The lotion usually picks up the grime that isn't soluble in the soap and then the soap can take it all away. Try that once and see how it works. Much less traumatizing on the skin.

steveroni said...

Zits? Oh yeah, I remember--yesterday!
This past July I had 'shingles', and poeple at meetings refused to shake my hand, etc., thinking I was contagious. Embarrassing.

Glad your smeller is better!

Trailboss said...

Michelle, I am more of an ADD girl than an OCD girl. BLEH!

Dan and Betty said...

TB, glad your nose is still on and working. Lava used to have a hand cream that cleaned just about as well as the bar soap and wasn't as hard on your hands. I don't know if it's still made or not.

Dan

Trailboss said...

Just to set the record straight....I do not use Lava soap. I just FELT like I needed it today. I really did not go to the Dollar Store today and purchase soap. Strangly enough my hands, after coming home, seem mighty clean. Thank goodness. Maybe I just need to never leave my house. Then my hands will be clean!

Zanejabbers said...

Yeah right. Stay home and your hands will stay clean. With two adorable boxers, two horses, the most beautiful grandkids in the whole world, and a husband that obviously loves you. Yeh your hands will stay clean. Good try. Use DOVE Dahlink.

peanut said...

Dear Trailboss, I hope and will Pray that your lymphoma will be gone and never to return.

I expect a good report from the Dr.

Sorry you are in pain !

My best to you and yours -

now lymphoma - BE GONE
peanut

Scott W said...

No, it's Thursday already.

Lou said...

I'm glad it was only a zit, even though this post was kinda gross.
You crazy cowgirl.

Wait. What? said...

Something about acne that just makes ya feel young - its not nearly as horrid a thing as I age as when I was younger - I remember some days wanting to not go to school! Cat

Anonymous said...

Look at it like this you might be going through puberty again!