Thursday, October 9, 2008

Change in plans

I am still having Abby withdraws but.......I had an appointment at the dermatologist's office today. My face thingy has not bothered me in a week or so but I decided to keep my appt. I did not expect what happened to happen. I explained to the Dr what had happened, how I woke up on that weekend and felt such pain and pressure for 2 days. After that I felt some relief and a weird looking spot at the bottom of my nose. I just figured the doctor would laugh and say "well, we are glad it wasn't the same thing huh?" But that was not what the doctor said. He said it looks like a cyst and proceeded to have the nurse numb the area around my nostril (can we all say ouch at the same time?) then he did another punch biopsy. So now I have a swollen up face and 2 stitches inside my nose. And I hurt. A lot.

I have the same pain as I felt before. I know it is because of the swelling of my face. I also know that it will go away, most likely before I wake up in the morning. But I was not expecting ANY of this.

So I will go back in 8 days and have the stitches removed. Hopefully they will have the pathology results then and I won't have to wait 6 weeks to find out the result.

I'll keep yall posted. In the meantime I think I need some strong pain medicine and a bed to sleep in.

**Well I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and my upper lip is still swollen BIG time. My coworker said I look like Jack Nicholson as The Joker in Batman! I don't think I am going to get my precious for the weekend. After all of this I need some rest**

15 comments:

steveroni said...

I love to read stuff about Grandmas and Nanas, and grandkids and, yes, even about stitches in the nose.

I've been a 'regular' at the Derm-Doc every six months for twenty years--very light-skinned, blond-type, who was--WAS--a sun worshipper. But I have a high pain threshold (does that mean I can "take it?") Well, I think I can take it, until I think of what a woman goes through to give birth to a child...Ughhhhhh!

Lou said...

You are in our thoughts, TB. Hope you feel better today.

Vintage Chicken said...

OH MY!! OUCH!!

That just sounds extremely painful? So sorry you're going through this again. Praying for a speedy recovery!

Have a great weekend with Abby!!

Syd said...

Ouch! It sounds like you need to snuggle with Abby and a blanket. Hope that you feel better.

dAAve said...

Damn.

Flying Lily said...

Take it easy and eat ice cream - it is good medicine for a swollen lip. :)

Patricia Marie said...

Hurts just reading this. Recover soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, TB I am so sorry. Ouch! 6weeks! How rediculous! Hope you get the good soon and feel better OK?

Anonymous said...

What a bummer! I think i know how painful that must be. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Bill said...

Hey, Big Lip! I'll bet you'll be mistaken for Angelina Jolie until the swelling goes down.
I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers, predicting the best outcome.
p.s. take advantage of the ice cream suggestion.

MichelleSG said...

I'm glad you kept your appt, good for you. And the numbing agent, let me guess, burned like all get out didn't it? I hate that stuff man, soo painful. And yes btw, I know what a moon troll is!

Andrea said...

Oh no! I do hope it's not serious! I am so sorry for your nose being poked and pintched. Sounds very ouchy!!

I hope everything comes back okay.

Scott W said...

I have my original moon goon. Somewhere.

peanut said...

OOOOHHHH! That sounds so painful !

I'm sorry you are having to go through all of that pain and suffering.

I also hope that your lab report is excellent.

Got you in my prayers,

Jen said...

I hope you are feeling better today. Rest and I will say a prayer for you.