Monday, August 31, 2009

Fall

It seems like fall is just around the corner. We had gorgeous temperatures this weekend and expect more this week. Yesterday we were able to open the windows and turn off the AC. I love when we can do that. Since we live in a basement house there is no cross ventilation, the only bummer about having cement on 3 sides of the house. But it is so nice to feel the cool breeze as I fall off to sleepland.

Annie isn't doing very well. Her cancer is back, she has a really big spot behind her neck. It doesn't seem to bother her though. Yesterday she was playing with a pretty like nothing at all was wrong. We know that her time is limited but as long as she is feeling OK and not in pain we will enjoy spoiling her.

That's about all I have for now. It's Monday and I have a lot of work to do. Let's all have a grand day today, what do you think?

10 comments:

MichelleSG said...

You spoil the dickens out of that dog! Just keep givin her the love until she drowns in it. Boxers never say no to the attention!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I love the "cool down" in the evenings that autumn brings. Crisp mornings , beautiful warm days and cool evenings . Just perfect

Karen said...

It feels like fall here today, too. Before you know it, Christmas will be around the corner. What fun you'll have with all those grandbabies;)

Syd said...

I am looking forward to those falling temperatures here as well.
Enjoy your day.

Dusty Devoe said...

I love fall. It is my favorite season. So sorry to hear about Annie. She knows she is loved very much.

Jan Blawat said...

I love fall here in California, too, though it does make me anxious. Do we have enough firewood? When do we put tarps on the chicken pens? Is everything battened down and secured? Will the river be high this year? Sometimes I think God makes the landscape spectacular in the fall just to put us in a better frame of mind for the winter. My friend's dog was supposed to die of cancer 5 years ago. She's had a great 5 years being babied and loved. You're right to just take it a day at a time, take lots of pictures and make good memories to remember them by. Hopefully someone will do the same for us someday.
XOX

Lou said...

It's fall in Michigan, I posted about it too.

Poor Annie. Just keep lovin' her.

Scott W said...

Jealous that fall is arriving for you, but not the fact that your winter is much colder than here.

Give that big girl a hug from me and Bunny.

truthbtold said...

Fall is upon us up here in Canada too. I was just commenting this morning how I love the slight crispness in the air.

Sorry to read about Annie. I do love boxers but so wish they were not prone to cancer. Love her lots and she'll let you know when her time has come.

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

I have been loving this weather were having lately!