Friday, August 21, 2009

Yea, she's ALL better now.........

since Greg called and told her what she wanted to hear. To me it was BS, but that isn't up to me. Short story is they are 'going out' again. She was happy about it of course. I told her that it would have been better to have told him you'd have to think about it at least for a night but she quickly told me differently. Hey, it's her life and her heart. I want to hold that precious heart in my hands and give it some of my grownup sense but I can't. I know, I know...it's all about learning and growing up. It is just so hard to see someone that is so loving and giving and just absolutely sweet go through this. If I remember her correctly she told me that he was 'confused' and that he didn't mean to hurt her and he was sorry. W H A T E V E R! This girl has been there and done that but I wouldn't listen to anyone either and found out the hard way. The real hard way.

I have been painting the second coat at work today. Yesterday a coworker did it. Today I did the rolling on the wall and let me tell you my back feels like the knife needs to be removed. My farrier is coming out tonight to shoe both the horses and Miss Stephanie will be the one taking care of it. I will be inside sitting on the heating pad. I wanted to ride this weekend but I'll have to see if I can get the ole 51 yr old back feeling better first. The weather is supposed to be fantastic, highs tomorrow in the high 70's and low 80's on Sunday. We'll see. I wanted Steph to ride with me but now that she has her guy back I'm sure she won't.

That's about it for now. I need to wrap things up here at work. By the way, did I ever tell yall that I have a SpongeBob Squarepants clock in my office just over my monitor? It was Stephanie's and she didn't want it anymore. I love it.

8 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Hope he has good intentions and this was just a "brain fart" of his
Otherwise gimme a map and I will slip down there and have a "come to the faith" talk with him. I hate to see these young women manipulated by guys who are just feeding off the attention/exitment of having someone so distressed by them . I realise you can handle it , but imagine the kids reaction if some random Canadian woman shows up to read him the riot act!

MichelleSG said...

Oh that's not good. She's going to be learning the hard way alright. Sad to watch but you know we've all done it. It's the only way to learn this lesson. Eventually it's going to go down badly and I doubt it'll be anything less than a catastrophic event. I hope she doesn't get herself involved more than she has to. Desperate girls tend to do desperate things that you never thought they'd do in a million years. Good luck with that.

dAAve said...

Like you said ...

WHATEVER.

Jan Blawat said...

Just keep telling her that you KNOW life has something better in store for her eventually, and that there is no harm in learning to identify an a--hole at an early age so you can avoid them later.

And one thing I have learned myself is not to discard people from my life just because they didn't turn out to be an ideal mate. I still have friends from my teenage years whose friendship is even more valuable now that we're old. Sometimes it's easier for people to move on in their romantic life if they don't have to give up friendships as well.

There are two different kinds of love. When you're 17 you appreciate one more than the other. That changes, doesn't it?

Arlene said...

Oh I hate hearing those things. Yep been there and done that!! Gesh I can not remember how old I was when I finally grew up!! My thoughts are with you all!

Trailboss said...

Last night Steph saw a part of what I have been writing and she asked me to not blog about it anymore. I understand that and respect her wishes. I will say too that her boyfriend has been great to her since they got back together so we'll see. She is a senior this year and he is only a junior so next year will be hard on her trust wise. I'll just leave it at that. We are all grownups here so we can just imagine how that will be. UGH!

Bill said...

BAH!
She should run like the wind. This little episode was a warning shot across the bow.
But, like you said, she has to learn it all for herself. We have to get burned before we really believe the fire is hot.

Syd said...

It would be great if everyone heeded the warnings around co-dependency and could let go. Life would be much easier. I am sure that Steph will find out about love and relationships in her own time.