Sunday, August 9, 2009

It's gonna be a good day

Joe found a quicker way to get home. He decided to take the bus that left Ohio at 12:20am this morning. It was to get him into Paducah at 10:25am today. Stephanie and I had plans to pick him up and enjoy a nice day with him before he fell into his bed for a much needed nap. Well, most plans can have a niche in them and his does.

For some reason (Joe has his opinion on what happened and why) the bus arrived into the St. Louis terminal just as the bus headed for Paducah was pulling out. They missed it by 10 minutes. Needless to say he was a very pissed off man. To top that off he couldn't find anyone in the St. Louis terminal that would even be nice and cordial, not to mention try to help him. Isn't it strange how you can go to one city and everyone you meet seems to nice and then go to another city and everyone acts like they have a corncob stuck up their rear end? Geez, it is so much easier to me to be nice than rude. Being rude takes more energy. I just don't get people. Anyway, Joe finally found a woman that decided to try to help. There is a bus that leaves at 2pm today and arrives in Mt. Vernon, Il. at 3:20. They were going to charge him $29 for the change but finally gave it to him at no cost. Oh gee, how generous of them.

I will pick him up in Mt. Vernon and we should get home about 6pm tonight. That is a lot better than 10pm. I could go on and on about what, how, who's fault it is, etc. but I just don't have the energy for that. It is what it is and that is how I have decided to deal with it.

I will be so happy to have my family back together. Stephanie will be ready with the camera to capture the girls' reaction to having their daddy back home. Poor babies have no idea where he is or has been. I wonder sometimes what goes on in their little minds.

Tonight when I lay my head down on my pillow I will fall asleep feeling pretty confident that I don't have any more of those awful dreams. I will feel safe again. Awww, that is a good feeling.

6 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Good to know bus schedules are just as screwy where you live as here! Glad Joe will be home tonight! Its hard when they are away isn't it?

Dusty Devoe said...

Can't wait to see those big eyes of those beautiful girls when they see Joe.

MichelleSG said...

OH yeah, jacked travel plans in the middle of travel. It happens and never expect any body to help you. People are so selfish sometimes. Good to hear ya'll be back home and happy again soon!

Dan and Betty said...

Welcome home Joe.

Dan

Scott W said...

Sheesh. All that with a bum knee.

Bet he sleeps well tonight, too.

Syd said...

It seems that the bus lines are as bad as the airlines about keeping on schedule. I hope that all goes well and Joe gets home safely.