Thursday, August 20, 2009

She's better today

Steph that is. She didn't cry last night and that is good. Maybe she is starting to accept the fact that it is over. Or at least I hope it is. I hate that her heart hurts but better to find out now than later.

Yesterday I got my hair cut. When I pulled out of the parking space and drove in front of Walmart guess who I saw!!!!!!! My precious and her family. I rolled down my window and hollered "Abby!" She turned around like huh? She had just woken up from falling asleep in the car and wasn't very awake. Beth asked me if I was coming in and I said no, was on my way home. Yesterday was her first day at preschool and she called me later on and told me and Papa Joe all about it. She was so excited she could barely get the words out before moving onto more things. I said something about seeing her in front of Walmart and she said "I was praying you would come in." Oh my. Talk about breaking my heart! She is such a doll. Her parents took her to school and she rode the big school bus home. Her daddy took pictures of her getting off the bus and no telling what else. I can't wait to get my hands on them.

That is all for now. We are getting ready to start painting my office and there will be people in here which means I won't be able to get online. How rude! Just kidding. Honestly I can't wait to get this office painted. It is a horrible color of light yellow now but soon will be a light plum or so I'm told. I hope the paint fumes don't trigger a migraine. Smells do that to me. If so I'll have to scoot home.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day today and remember........smile, even if the other person isn't. It really makes a difference.

6 comments:

dAAve said...

I hope you don't have to leave work early. That would be just terrible.

Syd said...

I think that I can sense a migraine coming on from all the banging, painting and renovation work at my office and lab. I'm right behind you as we walk out the door.

Bill said...

Boy, you've had a lot of stuff going on while I've been in the bathroom.

Lou said...

Hugs to Steph. And there are a lot of fish in the sea..or at least that's what MY mother told me.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Good advise ! Hope steph bounces back soon . Yay for little Abby in pre school ,and took the "big kids bus"!

Scott W said...

Hmmm, you and Syd leaving together.