Thursday, August 27, 2009

We have a baby girl!

Born at 8:09pm 8/26/09, 6lbs 14oz, 19" long. We are not sure of the name yet but it is looking more and more like Leah Samantha which I absolutely LOVE!

I picked up my precious from the school bus, went inside and looked in her school folder. Nothing was there so we scooted over to McDonald's for a happy meal and a #1 for Grandmother. Abby picked out our 'special' table as she called it. It was right next to the one that she and her family usually eat at. Then off to the hospital.

She was anxious to see her mommy of course. Mom was doing great. Daddy too! Leah (I will take my Grandmother liberties now and start calling her by what I know her name will be) took her time getting here. Beth just knew she would have her within 2 hours of getting to the hospital but Leah decided that was not to be. Her contractions basically stopped after an hour or so and they made the decision to start the dreaded Pitocin. They had to increase it 3 times and let's just say the third time was a charm.

Steph and I both were fighting over places to take pictures but we got home so late (way after 10pm) and Abby and I both had to get to bed that I didn't have time to even take my camera out of the case. I promise I will have at least one up this evening.

Awwwww......my new grand baby is here! It's amazing I was able to get into my office this morning cause my head is so big. Life is not just good, it is AWESOME!

13 comments:

Scott W said...

I heard on the news that some large orb shaped object was seen scurrying along country roads in Western KY this morning. This confirms it!

So is all smiles today, I am sure!

MichelleSG said...

YAY! Very very wonderful!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Wonderful news Congrats to all!

Vintage Chicken said...

Wooo Hooo!!! Wonderful News!!

Such a Blessing!!
Can't wait to see the pictures!

Pony Girl said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful name, can't wait to see the pictures. Enjoy the moment!

Bill said...

I was hoping it would turn out to be a baby, and it is! Yippee!

Karen said...

Congratulations, Grandma!

Syd said...

That's great news. Glad that all went well.

Lou said...

It's all diapers, spit up, and gurgles from here, granny Boss.

Patricia Marie said...

Enjoy her. Congrats.

Unknown said...

That's fantastic news!!!
Can't wait to see the pictures.

Welcome to the world, Leah Samantha.

Hugs,
Sue

Arlene said...

Oh I am so happy for you!!! Being a grandma is great!!!

Anonymous said...

yay! luke was born at 4:09 am, my mom said, "he'll be a clean boy". b/c of the cleaning stuff 409? get it?

congrats to all of ya'll !