Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Random thoughts

Isn't this just the cutest house? It is located around the corner from the LOML Abby's house. I am told that a family of four live there, kind of hard to believe but what do I know?

DSC05109

I think it would be a perfect house for a single person to live in. It sits among some not so nice houses on the southside of the town I work in. It sits next to a pretty grove of trees so at least there isn't some ratty trailer next to it!

I pass by this place every morning on the way into work.

DSC05107

No thank you on the rabbits. We had some when we lived on Contest road and one female had 13 babies! We finally gave them to some poor sap in Lone Oak.

This is the one and only stop sign in Melber. When I was in high school there was a headshop there. I can't imagine what the neighbors thought! I remember going there as a teenager and it seemed like it took forever to get there.

DSC05168

Here is our post office. Don't need a very big one for such a small town I reckon. Needless to say there is no waiting when you go in for stamps or whatever you need.

DSC05169

The following pictures show the schools that me and my 2 brothers attended as well as my son Ryan and my daughter Stephanie.

DSC05120
DSC05118
DSC05117

The elementary school used to be an all 'pod' school but they have remodeled it. They did keep some pods though, thankfully.

This picture shows one of four items in the parking lot of the elementary school. My friends and I used to act like horses and 'tie' others to the posts like in Bonanza and Rawhide.

DSC05119

DSC05121

DSC05122

The high school has been remodeled several times since we attended. It was partially burnt down by a student when I was a freshman. I ended up having to attend classes at the damned Middle School while they were rebuilding it. I was a pissed off young lady. I had just left the middle school and had to go back. Not to mention the fire took some of So's work that was in the art room.

DSC05123

This area was called the 'smoking barrels'. Yes, they actually used to let us smoke at school. There were some other things smoked there too. That was before the school staff got wise on things. The year after I graduated the Kentucky State Police was stationed at the school every morning.

DSC05124

I hated high school. I was still quite shy up until my junior year when I decided that I was cute and had nice things to tease the boys with! lol And tease I did. My friend Laura told me I was bad but I didn't care. She was just jealous because she didn't have any boobs! I continued that flirting/tease state for years after that too. Hey, if you got it flaunt it!

I barely graduated, not that I had bad grades or anything, I just cut it too close on required credits. But in the spring of 1975 I did get my diploma, and I would have rather been anywhere else but there that evening. But Mom and Dad enjoyed it. You gotta do those little things to keep your parents out of your hair nall.

11 comments:

Trailboss said...

I know jenn, isn't it darling? I would guess it is about 400 sq. ft. I can't imagine a family of 4 living there!

Zanejabbers said...

What is a hair nell?

Trailboss said...

nall is short for and all. I don't know what a hair nell is....lol

I guess I just assumed everyone would know mine and So's language!

Scott W said...

It actually should be written 'n all. Short for 'and all' or you could choose etc as well. Or my least favorite 'and more'. Love seeing these photos, So.

Trailboss said...

Quit correcting me. After all, I have lived back home for a looooong time. hahahahahahaha

Glad you are enjoying the pics. They have been fun.

Scott W said...

All the more reason, sister. There was another correction I could have made in this post but I used restraint of pen (or keyboard).

Zanejabbers said...

I misread nall as nell. OOOOOOPS.

Trailboss said...

So, does that little house look to be about the size of your smart townhouse?

And quit OCDing on me! LOL

I know, Mother was an English major and drilled it in our heads.

Scott W said...

Think my place is wider that that. Don't know about its depth, tho. Did you find the other error?

Bill said...

Don't even look for the other error. Just let it niggle at Scott until he can't contain himself any longer.

I WANT that little house in the top picture!!!

Trailboss said...

I am not concerned about any other errors in this post. I don't care, I am a 50 year old woman going through menopause and I DON'T CARE!

Bill, come on to Paducah and get it. I honestly think it is for sale!