Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Moon

As most of you fine folks know we recently had a full moon. I decided to try out my new camera and see if it would capture the beauty of the moon as it was starting to rise. What do you think?

IMG_1889
IMG_1891

Within just a couple of minutes, or so it seemed, the moon changed to this yellowish color and it got really dark outside.

IMG_1894
IMG_1892

I find our solar system quite amazing. I don't pretend to know much about it that's for sure but to just imagine how many more people live out there. And it is so big! I remember being at a friend's house when I was about 12 and her mother making us sit down and watch the first landing on the moon. Naturally at that age I could care less about seeing it but I am so grateful that Marva-Dean made us watch the television. There are all kinds of opinions as to whether the USA actually did land on the moon but I prefer to just remember what I saw through 12 yr old eyes.

Have any of yall ever seen anything strange in the sky that just couldn't be explained?

No comments: