Thursday, July 24, 2008


I thought I would let you all know how the radiation treatments are going. I have the treatments at 3:40pm every day, just after work. It is very convenient as I work about 10 minutes away and get off of work at 3:30pm. The folks that work there are exceptionally nice. The treatments are going fine. I am usually in and out of the hospital inside of 12 minutes. Not bad if you ask me. My nose is a bit red but not much, it just kind of looks like a sunburn. It doesn't hurt at all. What takes the longest is getting in just the right spot. Once that is accomplished it only takes 30 seconds.

I am very fortunate with everything that has happened regarding this cancer. Not everyone is. I have seen people with little or no hair, people changing into various hospital gowns for their treatment and such. I just walk in with my work clothes and steel toes boots and hop up on the table.

Cindy from Dr. Zic's office at Vanderbilt called the earlier part of the week to say the tissue samples that they analyzed pointed to T-Cell Lymphoma but was still questionable as to if it is in fact cancer or not. She, not realizing I had already started radiation, indicated that Dr. Zic recommended a topical ointment to be applied to the area for 6 months. When I told her about the radiation she said that was even better, that we would see how that goes. I found it odd that she wasn't better informed as to my treatment plan but I was happy to hear the good news.

So I continue with the daily trip and will wind it up on July 31st. I am grateful for:

Insurance to help pay for this expensive treatment
Friends and loved ones on which to lean on
The convenience of my treatment
No pain involved at all
No side effects from treatment
That this cancer, if indeed it is cancer, is very treatable
For no more signs of cancer
The freedom to blog whatever I feel like

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.


Zane-nawwaa said...

Lisa you are an inspiration. Luv Ya

Scott W said...

You are a lucky Trail Boss! But still a creeper.

Andrea said...

I am glad things are going well so far! The good news sounds great.
I am grateful you have the freedom to blog too!! I love your photos and your way cute girls!!

Pony Girl said...

Good news that it could potentially not be cancerous, and I'm glad everything with the radiation is going well! Very cool that you are in and out of the hospital in 12 minutes! ;)

Pam said...


Hey, do the others on the trail know you are the boss?

Jenn said...

Glad to hear everything is going well for you!

peanut said...

Dear SO, Gosh, I am sorry to hear of your need for treatment. I will keep you in my prayers. I am happy for you that it is convenient and isn't a long, drawn-out process.

Hoping that it is totally curable and that you are over 1/2 way there.

God Bless !

Love the pictures and stories of your precious animals and beautiful grounds.

Thank you. Best to you, kathy

Dan and Betty Cooksey said...


Thanks for sharing. It's great that things are going well and are reasonably convenient for you - if something like this could ever be convenient.

God's blessing,


Train Wreck said...

Oh I am glad you are able to get in and out, for the procedure! I pray it is not cancerous.Good that you have insurance, and you experience no pain! It sounds like you are being a trooper!! Keep up that postive attitude! I am here for you! ++

dAAve said...

That's impressive. I hope it doesn't get any more difficult.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad to hear everything is going well and that you are still blogging. Your pictures are great, along with your commentaries. Hope you continue to get better.

Chef said...

Lisa, so pleased to meet you. Great attitude you have there; isn't it true that things like this wake us up to realize how lucky we are that things aren't worse??

Take care.

Linda and Chef

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your treatments are going good. All our prayers are helping!

The Wades said...

Saying a prayer right now! :)