Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Ride

I took Jones for a nice LONG ride yesterday. Unfortunately I forgot my camera.....UGH. I found some really fun new trails and fields that I can't wait to show Stephanie. Jones did really well except for when she stumbled. There was no reason for it except she must be a tad on the clumsy side. She and I have something in common! I did get off when she went down and neither of us were hurt. But we were both really tired since we were going on 3+ hours riding. It was a bit hot and humid too.

Steph went to her boyfriend's house for eats and fireworks so she wasn't able to ride with me. After all, the love of her life comes first! I don't blame her, I was the same way when I was her age. I just hope her relationship with Greg turns out better than mine did. I ended up marrying the guy but it didn't work. I did get a beautiful son out of it though.

I hate having to take Plavix. I have to take it because of a blocked carotid artery that fortunately I was able to have cleaned out at age 47 but Plavix makes me bruise so easily. You can look at me and I will bruise. Anyway the day before yesterday I hit my stupid foot on a rocking chair in my room and it looks horrible! It didn't stop me from riding though. OH, word to the wise who ride in the woods. I found a deer tick on my back when I got home yesterday. Actually it was in the evening and I had already taken a shower when I got back from riding. Those things carry Lyme disease and apparently that is some bad stuff.

I hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th.

2 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Did you fall off or get off when Jone's stumbled? Hope you were both okay!

Trailboss said...

I got off Pony Girl. I don't ever remember that happening before with any horse. We're ok. Didn't hurt either one of us. Thank goodness!