Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We Got Her!

I just received a call from Suzie, a volunteer that works with the SPCA in Murray, Ky. She wanted to chat about Kimba. She asked me some questions and listened a lot to what I said. I liked that about her. I think that it is very important to actually listen. We talked about boxers, where the sweetness would live (duhhhh, inside with us), how we would keep her in our yard and keep her away from chasing deer or whatever critter might come along. After all of the talking, the tears I spoke through when I spoke about Annie, and apparently how I answered the questions Suzie told me that we were approved and that she felt very good about Kimba having a forever home with us.

There is paperwork to complete. Things to get in order but the bottom line is that precious baby that someone forgot, let out, didn't care about, whatever the case is in her past is ours. She will have a forever home with us. We are up for the challenge and the training that she will surely need. We don't know if she has ever been inside a home before. But, boxers are so very smart there is no doubt in my mind that she will do great.

We might be able to adopt her this weekend. It depends on several things they have to do. Whenever it is I am ready. I am up for the challenge and I guarantee one thing. This pup will never ever have to worry about lack of love, food, vet care or whatever she needs. She has a sister here ready to welcome her, play with her, love on her and be her best friend.

After I hung up from talking with Suzie I laid the phone down and cried. I cried for Annie and how she will never know this sweet pup coming into our lives. I cried for the loneliness that she has been through for the past few weeks not knowing where she will be from one day to another. And another thing. I thought that 3 weeks ago we let our Annie get her wings, and apparently Annie made sure we would find this sweet girl.

Naturally I will keep yall posted on everything. You will probably get sick of what I share with you. But I don't care. Because there will be playing in the house again. There will be a youngster in the house again. There will be training, potty messes, chewies all over the place. But most of all there will be a very lucky dog that has found an even luckier family to have her in their lives. For this, I am truly grateful.

17 comments:

Scott W said...

FABULOUS!

Dusty Devoe said...

I cried with you! I am so excited. I can't wait for you to get her home so we can hear her story!

Paint Girl said...

Congrats on your new Boxer!! I am so happy for you guys!! I know you will give Kimba the very best any dog could ask for!! You guys are excellent dog owners, if only every one could be like you!
Can't wait to hear about her homecoming!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Congrats !how exiting . Annie sent you a gift to heal your hearts

Karen said...

Congratulations! Can't wait til you bring her home. Does Abby know?

Carroll Farm said...

Yippeee... I can't wait for the pictures and to watch her play in the house!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!

More pics of Kimba, quick! I never tire of puppy pics

Syd said...

I am so excited for you. I know how you feel. There is nothing like a puppy to make us feel young again. No dog will ever replace Annie. It's not about that ever. It is about what you wrote--giving a home to one who so desperately needs it; loving a new puppy and building memories with it. So much to be grateful for. I'm really glad for you.

Pammie said...

YES!!!!
Puppy Flappy Lips!!!

Andrea said...

Oh Congrats, I am so happy for you! She looks so adorable in the past picture you posted and I am sure she will be spoiled rotten!! But that is a great thing!! It must still be so tough and I don't blame you for crying, Annie was a wonderful beautiful dog. I look forward to hearing about your new pup and your adventures and your beautiful boxer pictures!!!

Gin said...

We will never get tired of hearing about it. This is a beautiful thing. I know that she is going to bring so much happiness into your lives. This made me tear up. I am so happy for you all!

Pony Girl said...

Aw.....I'm teary! So happy, and of course we want to hear all about it!! What a great journey you are to begin....

MichelleSG said...

Yaaay! Oh this is so awesome! Our Roxy was from a shelter and abused. From theget go we could tell that she'd never been in a car, never been in a house, and was hand shy. Didn't matter, boxers are so smart. Even though she'd never been house trained (never been in a house right?) she figured it out from the get go. I'm sure you new girl will be the same. Get her asap so she won't have to spend any more nights in the pokey than she has to, poor dear. She has one wonderful new life ahead of her!!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Yea!!!!!! I'm so happy for you.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Wonderful news! I couldn't have imagined that you guys ever would have been turned down for adoption-but I guess you never know. All they would have to do is read your blog though to know how much you guys love your animals and the excellent care that you give them!

Can't wait to hear all about Kimba when you get her home!

Lou said...

I'm so happy you are getting another "kid", cuz you are a good mom.

Dan and Betty said...

Super. I hope Sophie is building up her strength. She'll need it with this young one around.

Dan