Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Random thoughts

I had a dream last night that Lou came to Paducah for a visit. So was here too. Lou was driving and I was trying to tell her how to get to wherever we were going. We ended up driving through lots of country roads to which she was not too pleased. In fact, had I not grabbed the wheel at one time and took charge of the driving we would have ended up in a huge creek! We ended up at a hospital looking around at all of the nooks and crannies. It was a very strange dream.

I have been at a huge loss for words lately. I can't get motivated to do much of anything. I go to work, come home, eat dinner, watch a little TV and go to bed. Just to do it all over again the next day. Sophie seems to be trying to tell us something. There is something about the way she looks at us. It isn't every time she looks, just once in a while. But it seems to be happening more every day. She seems lonely. She doesn't have anyone to play with. Joe took her to the neighbor's house Monday to let her play with a female dog there but she wasn't interested at all. She just smelled around and paid no attention to the other dog.

Joe is planning on going to Ohio for Halloween. He will be gone a week. I think that after he gets back home it might just be time to start searching for a puppy. Our family has not been the same for a while now and it is starting to show. I think it is time to do something about it. I haven't said anything to Joe yet. I really would prefer him to come to me saying he is ready. But, I can't ignore the signs. I just hope he is ready too. I am ready to be happy again. To have some excitement in the house. To have joy in the house. But most of all to see that sparkle back in Sophie's eyes. I think it's time. I hope it is.

4 comments:

Scott W said...

Sounds to me you already have your answer.

Lou probably nearly drove off that country road because she saw someone in a white robe standing in the dark pointing the way to a meeting. Remember that?

Syd said...

It sounds to me like Sophie is telling you what to do. Dogs like companions and other dog friends. I'll always have at least two--now I have 10 of them. What can I say?

Trailboss said...

If it were up to me I would have many more. I agree that she needs and deserves a companion.

Dan and Betty said...

Best wishes for a good outcome for everyone.

Dan