Wednesday, September 30, 2009

hUMp DAy

I am lovin' the temperatures this week. High in the 70's and low in the 50's.......awwwwwww. Sleeping weather. Last night Miss Sophie slept with me almost all night long. She has never done that before. I think she was chilly (the windows in the living room were wide open for Steph) and what better place to sleep than with her momma under the nice warm quilt. Needless to say I absolutely loved it. Annie slept with me most every night for the past year so it was so comforting to have her there with me. Especially since Joe is in the hospital. In fact, this morning she didn't even get up when I did. She usually has to get a pretty or a bone and "be proud" of it by prancing around and curling like only boxers can. I guess she was enjoying the sleeping weather as well as myself.

I talked to Joe just a bit ago. He took it real easy on the strong pain meds yesterday in order to find out just what progress, if any, he had made in getting past the worst of the shingles pain. He said about 3am the severe pain hit. He is back on the strong stuff. We thought he might get out today but I doubt it. He is getting some much needed rest though. While I was writing this Joe called to say the dr will keep him in the hospital until they get the pain under control.

I am so glad work is busy. It has been a bit hairy, but busy. I don't like the days where I don't have enough to do. Talk about the day going by S....L....O....W!

I checked our email as soon as I got home yesterday to see if there was any word on my sweetness Kimba. Nothing yet but she has been removed from the active adoption list which means they are processing an application(s). I might have told yall that yesterday, goodness knows I can't remember from one day to the other. I do feel very good however about us being able to adopt her though. My brother told me once that he could not think of a better life for a pup than what we offer. Now that my friends just makes me smile all over again.

8 comments:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Sorry Joe is in the hospital. Shingles are terribly painful, I hear.

Our critters were in bed with us last night, too. Definitely snugglin' weather.

Stephanie Lee said...

what the heck is hump day?

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Good wishes and prayers for Joe. Hope you get some news of Kimba soon

Syd said...

People have told me that they want to come back as one of my dogs. I am sure that they say the same about you. Enjoy the great weather.

Trailboss said...

Steph, hump day is the middle day of the work week. Once you get over the 'hump' it's downhill from there. Silly goose.

Gin said...

Thinking of you and Joe. I hope he is back on his feet soon.

Zanejabbers said...

Lisa, Kimba is a beauty. I'm sure Sopie got in bed with you cause she knew you were lonely too. Shingles oh my gosh. This just confirms my need to get the shot.
Seems like so many people are coming down with this. My best to Joe. Hope Kimba is coming to y'all's home. Luv ya.

Dan and Betty said...

Ouch for Joe. I have never known anyone with Shingles, but they sound pretty bad.

Dan