Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9/9/9

I am loving today's date. The number 9 is my absolute favorite number (odd of course) and the fact that today is all about some 9's makes me smile. I'll tell you what else makes me smile today. That is the dream I had last night.

I dream every single night. Most of the time they are crazy and bizarre. Last night was different. I had a dream that I went to a house that we owned somewhere. When I arrived there were 3 boxer puppies (about 3 months old or so) sitting out front by the sidewalk. There was Sophie, Annie and another puppy that wasn't sitting with my girls. He/she was kind of in front of them and turned where I couldn't see it's little face. When I looked at Annie her eyes were clear and I could see happiness in them. It was as if she was saying she was fine and for us to not be sad. To move on. At that time the dream moved on to something else. Also, in the middle of the night Sophie came into my room and sniffed me. I raised up the covers and she burrowed down to the corner and slept for quite some time. Sophie rarely sleeps with any of us. She prefers to sleep on the love seat so she can guard the front door. I couldn't help thinking this morning that she came in my room because she remembered that her sister told her to watch over me while I was sleeping.

Take from it what you want, but in my mind Annie was talking to me in 2 ways. Through my dream and through Sophie. I feel much much better today. I have not even been sad which is remarkable. But not really, when you think that Annie was there with me.....as she always will be. I can't wait to share this dream with Joe tonight.

11 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

SO glad that your beautiful girl let you know she is OK , a final gift of love ,from a much loved friend.

MichelleSG said...

Sweet dream, I love it! 9/9/9 is world hooping day too. I think it has something to do with circles or some such but tonight I'll be hooping it up. My favorite number is 8, again something about the circles.

Gin said...

This brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful gift she left all of you!

Dusty Devoe said...

Wht a great story. I do believe they help come and help to ease our sorrow. HUGS!

Syd said...

I think that Annie is there with you in the spirit world. That's really comforting.

Lou said...

Today the Elvis chapel in Vegas is giving $99 weddings at 9:09 am (well, that is past) and 9:09 pm.

Dan and Betty said...

Nice.

Dan

Scott W said...

You should study lucid dreaming, I bet you would be good at it.

I am so glad you are not sad today.

Paint Girl said...

There is a reason we have dreams and they all mean something. I totally believe that Annie did come to you in your dream to let you know she is ok!
I am glad you are feeling better!

Scott W said...

Oh yeah, 9 + 9 + 9 = 27, 2 + 7 = 9.
1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9=45, 4+5=9.

It's all good!

Anonymous said...

my word i've got tha' chill bumps all over me. that's a beautiful dream and the way you wroted it.