Friday, September 25, 2009

TGIF!

I have been a bad blogger. I just have not felt like it lately. But I am going to work on it and try to make myself post whether I feel like it or not.

BBQ on the River is happening in my neck of the woods this week. This is the 15th annual event. The smell of ribs, chicken and pork blows from downtown all the way to where I work. I walked out of the sandyard building yesterday and smelled BBQ. Oh, what a heavenly smell! Here is a link if you would like to read about it. Joe volunteered for 3 years and cooked with a friend of his. He really enjoyed it. Steph and I would go downtown and help. Thousands of dollars are raised for various charities and lots of bellies fill up for 4 days.

This year the weather has not cooperated. We have had rainy days that seem to never end. Hopefully tomorrow the rains will subside and the BBQers can sell their wares to the thousands of folks that will venture into downtown following their noses.

The shingles have snuck in the back door and attacked Joe again. This probably makes the 18th time he has had them. Seriously. This one is a bad one too. I have never had shingles but it is very painful. He is taking his medicine and dealing with it as best he can. We'll see how long this one lasts.

Last but certaintly not least, today is Friday. Whoo hooo! Once again I look forward to a weekend with my family. Home is the best place on Earth.

6 comments:

Gin said...

Poor Joe. I hope he is feeling better soon. I knew someone who suffered from shingles as well and I remember them telling me how painful it was!

Dusty Devoe said...

Nothing beter than the smell of a BBQ! I have been a bad blogger too. I just can't seem to get motivated for some reason. But I"m working on it! Sorry to hear about Joe. Thinking of him and will keep him in my prayers. Have a wonderful weekend!!! Yes, HOME is the best place on Earth.

Syd said...

A good BBQ is awesome. Enjoy your Friday and all that it brings.

Vintage Chicken said...

I do hope Joe gets to feeling better soon! I remember having a great aunt that suffered tremendously with the Shingles. It seemed like she would a case of them about once every 2 or 3 months! I can only imagine how miserable he must be.

Maybe some BBQ will make him feel better?

Dan and Betty said...

Sorry about the shingles Joe.

We have a big BBQ bash in the spring and it's always great. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Dan

Scott W said...

Poor Joe. I hope it eases soon.