Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It's baaaaaaaaack

Shingles that is. Actually it never left. Joe came home Saturday feeling much better. By Sunday he was worse than he had been. Apparently the strong meds given to him at the hospital were masking the true pain. He didn't sleep at all Sunday night. I woke up several times and saw the light on. Monday morning he was at the dr's office when they opened.

He was readmitted to the hospital immediately. This time he will make sure he is better before he leaves. I hate it for him. It is so hard to see the person you love so much hurting and there is nothing at all you can do for them. But he is where he needs to be for now and that is what matters most.

I haven't heard anything about sweetness Kimba yet. But I didn't expect to hear yet. Even though I am so very anxious. The shelter is run by volunteers and they have full time jobs. What they do is wonderful. I might even look into some kind of volunteer work myself. I just can't wait to hear about that precious baby. I told Sophie all about her. She rewarded me with a giant lick to the face. Awwwwwwwww.....love the doggie kisses.

9 comments:

Scott W said...

Maybe you can just drive down to Murray and have a look for yourself?

Prayers for Joe.

Syd said...

Here's hoping that Joe feels better soon. And that Kimba gets to greet him when he gets home.

Dusty Devoe said...

So sorry about Joe. Keepong him in my prayers. Waiting to hear good news about Kimba!

Trailboss said...

I did notice that Kimba was taken off of the active adoption list. They do that when they are reviewing applications. I can't wait to hear and will share as soon as I know something!

Pony Girl said...

Sorry to hear about Joe, hope he is on the mend soon! :( Keep us posted on Kimba....my sis is now volunteering at a shelter and it's amazing the amount of work and volunteers it takes to keep a place ticking. I'm sure they'd love to have your help, and you'd be so great at it! :)

Alex said...

keep us posted... on joe and the potential new pup!

Carroll Farm said...

I had a shingles break out once - ouch. Good luck with the recovery. :)

Paint Girl said...

I am so sorry to hear about Joe! I hope he gets better real soon!
I also hope you hear about Kimba! I bet you are jumping out of your skin, waiting for that phone call!
Volunteer work is very rewarding, I am volunteering for a no kill rescue organization, it is hard work, and they run mainly off volunteers. But it is so worth it!

Jen said...

Im praying Joe is better soon. My mom gets those and they are so dreadful....hugs to you as you wait for Kimba.