Wednesday, September 2, 2009

America's Got Talent

I don't know how many of yall, or any for that matter, watch America's Got Talent but I wanna tell yall something. There is a fellow on the show this year by the name of Kevin Skinner. He is from Mayfield, Kentucky which is about 15 miles from my house. In fact, Steph goes to high school there. It is a small town full of small town folks. Most of them are just like Kevin Skinner.........nice, friendly, humble and just plain ole good people.

Kevin is a self proclaimed 'former' chicken catcher who loves to sing and play the guitar. He sings country, of course. That is just about all we do around these parts, at least the folks I hang with. He is soooooooo good.

So, maybe, if you don't have anything else to do take a gander at Mr. Skinner tonight. I think that even if you don't like country music you will like him. He is the real deal.

3 comments:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I'm so excited for him. It's great to have someone local in the running.

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Go Kevin! I'm an hour from Mayfield and have some friends who live there. They are all rooting for Kevin!!!

Lou said...

Now that my daughter is a student at your fine University of Kentucky, I feel like I should support your home boy. I don't watch TV, but go Kevin Skinner!