Thursday, May 7, 2009

Typical day in Kansas

When I got home yesterday I decided to spend some time outside. It wasn't raining which is a miracle since it hasn't stopped raining in a month (kidding, but it seems like it!). Joe got home right after me so we sat outside and talked. It was nice, real nice. Steph joined us and of course the girls were right at our feet. Oh wait, no they weren't. I had stopped at Walmart and bought them brand new big ole bones. Annie was enjoying hers and Sophie was too afraid to leave hers. She is so silly about things like that.

While I was outside I decided to take a couple of pictures of the garden.

IMG_1867

IMG_1869

Then I took some pictures of our flag. The wind was blowing from the south and it looked so majestic.

IMG_1862

IMG_1863

Joe bought a new flag a few weeks ago. We needed it too. The old one was torn and shabby looking. Yes, it was disposed of in the proper manner in case you are wondering.

So says I don't post any pictures from this angle so I took one just for him.

IMG_1857

The babies were out grazing in the back pasture. I swear it looks like they have their eyes closed, kind of like when they are eating their grain. Oh how they love their grain.

IMG_1855

IMG_1858

Looks like rain is not far off.

IMG_1866

I went on inside to watch the local news. We had a simple dinner, grilled hot dogs. Yummy. All in all it was a great end to a typical day.

12 comments:

Dusty Devoe said...

What a great way to end you day! I too love to see flags flyn'. Something so majestic about it.Have a good day.

Bill said...

Your place looks so restful & pleasant.

Too many hot dogs will give you gout.

Trailboss said...

Hey Bill........ring my bell ok? lol

Syd said...

I see that your icesicles are still hanging. It must be Christmas still in Kansas! Great photos. I really like the sky.

MichelleSG said...

Ah rain, it's been a long time since we've seen it here. The grass looks wonderful!

Trailboss said...

I was wondering when someone would comment on them. I am shocked it wasn't So! We have decided to be like the Gretchen Wilson sond and keep our Christmas lights up all year long. Actually we use it as a nightlight when we are going to come home after dark. It works really well and the deer don't seem to mind. They haven't compained to me anyway, maybe to the girls though. I'll have to ask them when I get home.

I love pictures of the sky as well. Hell, I love pictures of just about anything. I have over 8000 on my flickr account! Thank goodness for sets on there. Else I would never find anything.

Karen said...

You little homestead looks so peaceful and serene. And to have the flag flying over it. . . such a pretty picture.

Jen said...

It does look so peaceful where you are. Your garden looks like mine...my green beans are coming up and it makes me so excited....doing flowers this weekend...cannot wait.

Scott W said...

I am just now getting here or I would have commented on the Christmas lights as I noticed them right off. So with the new bell and the night lights no one should lose their way or surprise you when they reach the front door!

Trailboss said...

So, you always say that!

Pony Girl said...

Sounds like a nice, peaceful moment. It must be wonderful to have such a great piece of property, with your horses grazing in your back yard. This post made me wish for summer...especially grilled hot dogs! :)

Paint Girl said...

Your yard is so pretty! Love all that green grass, we have alot of that too.
There is nothing like a nice, relaxing evening, just sitting on the deck, watching the dogs play, the horses eat and the good ole BBQ going!