Sunday, May 31, 2009

Demolition Baby!

Last night we went to the fair. And to the demolition derby.

IMG_2801

First, the fair. Joe and I don't ride rides. I hate them. He does too. We walked around to see what was going on.

IMG_2803

Your choice, fried snickers, oreos, how about just a heart attack on a stick? Or lemonade.

IMG_2800

This was when I wished we had Abby with us. Look at the kiddie rides!

IMG_2806

IMG_2808

The little boy in the blue shirt was scared to death on this ride. He kept looking at his Mama to make sure she was still there rooting him on.

IMG_2812

IMG_2813

Try your luck Joe. You might win a quipie doll!

IMG_2816

Then there was this strange character. He kept dancing and acting like he was marching. See that boy looking at him? It was just downright odd.

IMG_2824

Speaking of odd

IMG_2826

This one is one of those gravity items. You couldn't pay me enough money to get in that one.

IMG_2828

Plus we had just eaten dinner and that would have been ugly.

IMG_2831

I tried to get a picture of some of Steph's friends but this contraption was going way too fast.

We ran into Greg, Steph's boyfriend.

IMG_2836

Young love, first love..................................

IMG_2839

Then we finally settled in for some action baby.

IMG_2848

IMG_2851

IMG_2852

This was my favorite. I named her "The Headed One."

IMG_2853

IMG_2854

They made quite a mess

IMG_2860

IMG_2869

Finally it was time to head home. I took one last time down the midway for some more pictures

IMG_2877

IMG_2878

They look a lot better at night.

IMG_2942

This makes me dizzy just looking at it!

IMG_2944

This old man had a great time with the kids. I told him that he'd better be or else I'd get Barney Fife to take care of it.

IMG_2946

I tried to get Joe to win me a Barney prize but he refused. How rude!

IMG_2956

IMG_2957

Stephanie and her friends rode this! She said she didn't think she would ride it again.....EVER!

IMG_2960

IMG_2967

I guess short shorts are back in this year. We saw a lot at the fair. And some of those gals should have been arrested. You know what I mean?

We finally got home and I went straight to bed. I dreamed all night long.

IMG_2969

IMG_2970

I kept dreaming that these things were laughing at me. Pig things.

IMG_2971

And clown things.

IMG_2972

Oh MY! And green things. They were all laughing at me and wouldn't stop.

Then I woke up.

8 comments:

Dan and Betty said...

Corn dogs! It wouldn't be the fair without corn dogs - and here in New Mexico we can get them with green chile - yummm!

I'm with you on the rides.

Dan

Scott W said...

Whew! Lots of scary stuff at the carnival! I am not afraid of clowns, but those are scary!

Trailboss said...

So, when we were sitting in the bleachers I told Joe that if you had been there you would have been so very scared. Prolly to the point of leaving! You kwim.

Paint Girl said...

I love going to fairs. It brings back so many memories of when I showed my horse at the fair. We had to live there for a week and it was so much fun.
I have been on the gravity ride, and the one you said Steph would never go on again. That was back in my teen years. I haven't been on a ride since, they freak me out now!
And those clowns, I would have had nightmares too!

Syd said...

I've never been to a demolition derby. The fair looks cool. Glad that you had a good time.

Karen said...

This is a great post. Fantastic pictures! Clowns scare and those heads would have definitely given me nightmares.

Gin said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a great time!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I can't do rides that spin anymore. Puke city. I've finally reached the age where I've decided I don't have to prove anything to anyone by riding the Gravitron.