Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Update on Joe

The doctor seems to have finally figured out the best medicine for Joe. It appears he has Shingles AND a kidney infection. This makes about the 30th time he has had Shingles. He told me last night as we were sitting on the side of the hospital bed that he wished GAF would stop making shingles because they keep dropping on his back and it hurts! He was a bit silly from some of the medicine they are giving him and we sat there like a couple of teenagers giggling and trying not to be very loud as he has a roommate who has had a stroke.

I haven't talked to him yet this morning but last night he called right before going to bed. He had just received his medicine and was a tired puppy. He had not slept a wink since he admitted himself in the hospital on Monday. It's a shame that the very place a person goes to get better, you can't get any rest or sleep. It never fails that as soon as you are dead asleep a nurse has to take your BP or a respiratory tech just has to have you take a breathing treatment. UGH! I am starting to really not care at all for a hospital. Maybe that is because betweene me and Joe we seems to have spent more time there in the past couple of years than ever. I guess that's part of getting older.

I am leaving work early today to take my daughter to get her pictures done. She has been putting this off and it got down to the very last few days before we wouldn't have them back in time for her graduation invitations. She is such a country girl. I wanted to take her shopping for some new clothes but she chose not to. Said she had plenty. She reminds me so much of myself when I was her age. Mom tried to get So to encourage me to go shopping for clothes and I never wanted to. Later on you couldn't stop me from shopping. Things change don't they?

6 comments:

Bill said...

Hospitals are terrible places to get any rest. I hope Joe can come home soon so he can get some sleep. He's really got a double-whammy, doesn't he?

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Prayers and positive thoughts for Joe, hope he is better soon. Love the new header!

Karen said...

Sending prayers for Joe. My son was very last minute about his pictures and insisted on wearing his favorite jeans and shirt. I love the pictures, they are just so "Joe." (great name, eh?)

Syd said...

I hope that Joe will get some rest and be well soon.

Scott W said...

Maybe NOW he will get that shingles vaccine? Good luck with Steph.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Sorry about Joe. Shingles can be terrible. The hospital is no place for rest. Ever. Hope he's better soon.

Oh, love the new header photo.