Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

Here I sit at work hearing the rain hit the metal roof of my warehouse, eyes getting heavier and heavier, just thinking of going back to bed. I wish! It was difficult to get out of bed this morning. It was so comfy and warm, Patty was right beside me all stretched out and happy. But, I managed to drag myself out and into the bathroom just like I always do Monday - Friday.

I have discovered a new radio station around these parts. It is 95.9 and they play songs from the 60's and 70's. How fun! I listen to it all the way to work, or as long as I can actually pick it up in my car. They must not have a very big tower because as I get closer to town it starts fading out. But I can hear it best at my house. If you live around here you should check it out. I love hearing songs from my teenage years early in the morning. It puts a smile on my face.

I am a bit depressed these days. So many of my favorite bloggers are quitting. I can understand it but that doesn't mean I have to like it. One of my absolute favorite bloggers is more than likely shutting her blog down. I will miss her so much. Hers is the first blog I read every single day. But that is her decision.

We were going to have Abby for the weekend but the poor baby is sick again. Fever and all that jazz. I have missed her so much. I can't remember the last time she spent the night with us, and that is not right! We'll have to wait until after vacation but maybe by then the weather will be good outside. After all there are bubbles to blow and a golfcart to ride. Oh, and pictures to be taken. Indeed.

5 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Sorry to read you are down, This blog community is wonderful and I am always sad when someone stops . Hoping for brighter days ahead

Syd said...

I am sorry about favorite bloggers possibly quitting too. It feels like a loss of a friend.

Karen said...

I miss a couple of my blogging friends, too. I understand completely, but miss them all the same.

This time of year gets to me. Sunny and warm one day, snow the next. I try to roll with the punches, but it's hard planning things when the weather is so unpredictable. It's a good time to get lost in a good book:o)

Dan and Betty said...

As my Mom always said, "this too shall pass."

I can understand shutting down a blog. There are days I wonder if it's worth it, but I do enjoy my blogging friends.

Dan

Chris H said...

It is always sad when a favourite blogger stops blogging... it's like losing a friend! {{{HUGS}}}