Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm still asleep

I swear I drove to work this morning still asleep. For some reason, I slept really hard last night and naturally overslept. But I did manage to make it to work on time. I can't stand to be late for anything, especially work. I am grateful to have a job that allows me to be myself, work in an office with no one else and if I need to I can comfortably put my steel-toed boots on the desk and take a nap with no fear of being fired or being written up.

Joe has been sick for over a week now. He finally went to the doctor last Thursday where he was diagnosed with a kidney infection. The dr gave him antibiotics and sent him on his way. 5 days later he was still in a lot of pain so the dr suggested the hospital was the way to go. He needed some strong antibiotics and pain relief that is found only at the hospital, so that is what he did. I talked to him on the way into work today (I think)and he wasn't feeling any better. Didn't get a wink of sleep due to the strong pain medicine they gave him. He did ask them to cut back the dosage or change it all together.

Stephanie made dinner last night which was nice. I didn't really feel like cooking at all and since we had bought a bag of dinner (I don't know what else to call it)she cooked it up quite nice. It was full of spinach which she insisted was parsley. I suggested that it was spinach but she disagreed. I chose to not say anything else about it since she was eating it and not complaining. No need to rock the boat. However, I can't wait to tell her what it was someday when she is an adult.

She is having her senior pictures taken tomorrow afternoon. She is literally counting down the Mondays until school is out. She is so ready to be done with high school. It is, well, it is high school with all of the drama and antics that drove me crazy too. I'm not so sure she is ready for the real world though. We shall see.

Ryan is having some stress dealing with his current situation. He lives about 13 miles from his place of employment which makes it difficult to get to work when one doesn't have a couple of things. Namely, a valid drivers license and a vehicle. Not to mention he doesn't have a washer/dryer in his apartment. I picked him up after work and took him to a local laundry mat in order to get his clothes washed. He was planning on going to his dad's house afterwards but come to find out his dad fell off of the wagon yet again and had to be hospitalized. Needless to say he didn't go there afterwards. He called his good friend Olivia who gave him a ride home. I talked to him about the fact that if he didn't do anything to change things, nothing would change. He listened to me but I don't know how well he will remember. So, once again, I turn him over to God. I am not going to help him with this. He has to do it himself. Sometimes I truly do wonder if he is capable of it. It weighs heavily on my mind every day but I know that I can't and won't do anything to change it. He is a 28 yr old man and it's time to grow up.

I sure do wish I was still at home with my sweet puppies. Relaxing (or still sleeping) without a care in the world, but that isn't the real world. The real world can really suck sometimes. But, it can be wonderful too. It all depends on how life is approached. I am hoping that someday soon Ryan will realize that it is up to him to make his own destiny. In the meantime, the Lord will take care of him. I truly believe that.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Sleep is a nice break when things are going all wacky. I like your approach to life, your faith is inspiring.

Syd said...

I wish that I were home sleeping today as well. I am tired and have a late night. I too hope that Ryan will make his own destiny.

Anonymous said...

I hope Joe feels better soon, and that Ryan stays on track. I loved the birthday pictures they were so cute, especially Abby with her friend and the kids doing the limbo. That was great!

Paint Girl said...

I love your new header!! The pups looks so cute playing.
Hope Joe is feeling better soon!!
I bet Steph is very excited for school to be almost over! I remember those days!