Friday, March 26, 2010

My Precious

I was so looking forward to seeing Abby this weekend. I was texting with her mama last night and found out she is still sick. She was worried because she had not eaten in 3 days. I told her that was very common with strep throat, and that as long as she is drinking she'll be fine. That was when the phone rang. I guess Beth just needed to hear me say it. Her fever was 101.3 and since she has been sick for an entire week she is taking her back to the doctor today. I can remember that feeling of a new mother....why isn't she eating....do I need to take her to the doctor.... All of the things that we, as new parents, worry about. When I was raising Ryan my parents lived in Kentucky and I was in Texas. I just had to figure it out myself. It is kind of a strange feeling to remember how things were back then. Long distance was quite pricey so I didn't pick up the phone every time I thought of it. Unlike these days where a cellphone is always close by and the call is free. I used to call Mom every Saturday without fail. She and I both looked forward to that call.

Leah is starting to sit up by herself. That girl is growing up way too fast! Her mama said she will probably be crawling within the next couple of weeks. It seems like she should only be a few weeks old!

IMG_7816

I can't wait to have her out for the weekend. She will be a lot to handle but definitely worth it!

IMG_7073

Now, about that pony.................

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Abby-boo. I was just talking about the long distance thing the other day, how it was such a luxury and so darn expensive. You are so blessed with all of those little ones-[four legged ones too!]

Dan and Betty said...

They're really cute. We're looking forward to our second coming this Fall.

Dan

Trailboss said...

I just found out that Abby has pueumonia. They are stopping by my work on the way home. Grandmother hugs are all she needs (along with some good medicine)Congrats Dan. I didn't realize another bundle of joy will be coming your and Betty's way! How exciting.

Karen said...

Oh, poor Abby! I hope she gets some good medicine (her grandma will be good medicine:) and is feeling better soon.

Pony? C'mon spill it!

Scott W said...

A pony would make any little girl feel better!

Bill said...

When I saw the title of your post, I thought it was surely about me. Darn.

Poor Abby! Being sick is so miserable, especially for a little kid.

孝仁 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hula Girl at Heart said...

Poor Abby! I hope she's feeling better soon. Those kids are growin' like weeds.

Callie Brady said...

Hope Abby is doing much better. My girls used to get strip throat and I just hated having them be so sick. Poor little baby.

Syd said...

I hope that she feels better! Being sick isn't fun at any age.