Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Work work work work work and more work

Whew! When will it end? Just kidding of course. I don't want it to end because then I wouldn't have a job and that would not be a good thing. All I can do is try to keep up with it all.

On the home front we have such an amazing Christmas planned this year. We will actually celebrate with the entire family the day after Christmas. Amy, Jeremy, Mia, Aubrella and Emmeline will be there all the way from Ohio! Beth, Abby and Leah will be there with Thomas (daddy) joining us when he gets off of work. Joe and Steph of course and guess who else will be there? RYAN!!!!!!!! He has been sober for 4 months now and is doing fantastic. That of course, was the only thing I wanted for Christmas. It looks like I will get it.

I can not tell you how proud I am of him. His dad invited him to live with him while he gets his feet back on the ground. He gladly accepted and they have been having a good time together. He has been able to spend quality time with his grandparents who love him so much. I still have not seen him. I did give him a cellphone for Christmas (Straightalk with a 30 day card) and we have talked and texted and had so much fun. When I see him Christmas day it will be the first time in many months. I can't wait. We all can't wait. He will stay at our house Christmas night and probably the entire weekend as Amy and her family will stay Sat night and then again Mon night with us.

I give all of the glory to God. He has answered so many prayers. Of course Ryan has a long long way to go, but he has a good start. He has a good attitude too. He told me he was sick and tired of being sick of tired. Of course I have been praying and waiting for those words to come out of his mouth for years.

Ryan is planning on joining the military next year. I think it will be the best thing for him. He thrives under structure. He is an ideal person for the military, always has been. He just has to get his head right and his addiction under control and all that goes with it. I say just, of course he has a lifetime of work ahead of him.

If you feel inclined, say a prayer for him as he continues to work through his addiction. He still has not attended a meeting and for that I am not a happy camper BUT, it is his addiction, not mine. All I can do is encourage him and pray pray pray. God can do anything. He loves his son Ryan so much and wants the best for him too.

I wanted to share this news with my friends here. I just can not tell you how happy I am. Life is so good and I am so blessed. I am so thankful for everything that the Lord has blessed me and my family with.

Thanks guys and gals for your blogs, your comments, concerns and just for making me know that I am not alone. I love you all for it.

13 comments:

Pony Girl said...

TB, that is wonderful news! It sounds like Ryan is on track and has a new journey to begin in his life. I hope you enjoy your holidays...it sounds like a houseful of family, which is the way it should be! ;)

Dusty Devoe said...

Such good news! Enjoy your family and have a wonderful Christmas. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Great news! A prayer for him is coming his way from this corner. Merry Christmas!

Scott W said...

I am so grateful you will be getting the gift of Ryan being home--celebrating with all your little family. I guess it's not so little anymore.

Lou said...

Let's just love, hug, kiss, enjoy, laugh, and rejoice for the gift of these days with our sons.

I'm so happy for your pure joy here. What a large, wonderful family...and they all want to come to YOUR house. It just doesn't get any better than this.

Merry, Merry Christmas!

Jen said...

Merry Christmas dear friend....enjoy your holiday!

Callie Brady said...

Merry Christmas to you all!

Anonymous said...

looks like i have a lot of catching up to do over here :)

that's great news about ryan.

merry christmas SO!

Anonymous said...

looks like i have a lot of catching up to do over here :)

that's great news about ryan.

merry christmas SO!

Syd said...

I hope that you have a wonderful day with family, and especially Ryan. He does have a Higher Power who is there with him. Blessings to you and your family and those sweet dogs.

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

That is wonderful news about Ryan. You all have a wonderful Christmas together!


PS-And don't worry about the meetings too much. Statistics show that people who don't attend them have the exact same statistical chance of recovery as those who do.

Carol said...

I had a girlfriend who needed to leave the military to get clean. He has his higher power and that will see him through anything, anywhere.

Paint Girl said...

Excellent news about Ryan!!! I am so glad to hear that!!

Wishing you and your family a very, merry Christmas!!!!!