Friday, December 4, 2009

TGIF!!!

This has been a hard week at work. I am truly glad today is Friday.

What is this I hear about the chance of snow in Houston? I heard it first from So, then on our local news and just now on the radio. It hasn't even snowed here yet! I can only imagine what the grocery stores look like right about now. Why is it that everyone has to have milk, bread and eggs before a storm comes. Are we going to make french toast? It really is funny to see. I remember one year in particular we got a big snow. The thing is that the forecasters didn't catch it and it was a surprise to everyone when we got 10" of snow overnight. I had just happened to go to the grocery the night before and stocked up on all that my little family needed. So when I woke up the next morning to no fan on, no alarm clock, no sounds at all in my little rental house, no electricity at all, I knew something was up. I looked out my front window and the ground had risen overnight. At least that is what it looked like. It was beautiful.

Ryan was out of school for an entire week and I couldn't go to work for 3 days. But we had heat and food and my trusty hurricane lantern. I remember Ryan sleeping in front of the Warm Morning heater in the living room, Steph was only 2 and slept in her crib and I slept in my bed in the same room with her. We were cozy and happy. It really was some of the happiest times I have had.

Of course nothing compares to the ice storm that we had in January of this year. But again, I was warm and cozy, happy and with my family. I didn't worry about Ryan because he was at Lifeline Ministries. So even though it was a tough time for everyone in this area, we had all that we needed.

It's funny how posting can be. I wasn't intending to write anything of this until I typed the word snow. Then the memory of those few days came back to me. I have so much to be thankful for. God has been good to me all of my life. Let's face it, God can do anything and He has always been there for me. Thanks God.

4 comments:

Syd said...

I'm glad that you remembered. We used to have ice storms here but not anymore. I would like a little snow once in a while instead.

MichelleSG said...

Oh yeah, they called for snow here and, of course, it passed us by. I stayed home with the kid today anyway since we went to Austin last night for Ree's book signing. Got home at 12:30 am and let the kid sleep in today. It's cold but that's it.

Dan and Betty said...

I love snow, especially here in New Mexico because it will be gone by the afternoon or next day at the latest.

Dan

Lou said...

I know what you mean about the posting. I'll start out with one idea, and end up somewhere else. That is where the honesty in the blogs comes from.