Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Goodness Gracious!

I swear, my job is wearing me out! I have been so busy the past few weeks. But it is good. I am glad to have plenty of work to keep me busy. Even though it seems like I can never get it all done, it feels good to figure things out, keep things straight and figure out ways to get things done better and quicker. I have always welcomed a challenge in regards to my work and lately I am getting quite a bit of it.

I noticed about a month ago that my x-husband was not paying his child support. Stephanie turned 18 in October but the support is to be paid as long as she is in high school. Since she is a senior that means he is obligated to pay through May of 2010. I finally took the time to call the local child support office today. I was able to get through almost immediately to the case worker I needed to speak with. That in itself was a miracle. She said they had not asked for the support to stop and that he was responsible for paying it. She ordered a letter to be mailed asap to him indicating pay up or you will find yourself in court. I have battled for so many years with these type of issues. I am grateful that after next May, I won't ever have any reason to deal with these type of situations again. Hopefully this issue will be cleared up without further ado.

Our weather here in west Kentucky is really starting to feel like wintertime. There is a chance of snow tomorrow, no accumulation expected. I am starting to feel the Christmas spirit. I like that. It seems that the past couple of years I have not really felt that. I am hoping that this holiday season is a good one. I have only one thing that I want for Christmas. I hope and pray that it comes true.

5 comments:

Scott W said...

I hope all your wishes come true!

Paint Girl said...

I hear you on the work front! I am so exhausted when I get home, I just want to go to bed.
I also hope all your wishes come true!

Syd said...

I hope that you receive the one thing that you want for Christmas. Glad that you are in the spirit this year. It has been warm here and hard to think about Christmas.

Dan and Betty said...

Back before I retired, work was always harder in the winter. You went to work in the dark and you came home in the dark. Everything seemed to be so much harder when it was cold, dark and dreary (one reason we moved to New Mexico).

I hope you have a blessed Christmas regardless of whether your wish comes true.

Dan

Unknown said...

Alcohol rehabilitation can be pretty crazy sometimes. Stick with it and you'll be happy :)

http://www.newmethodwellness.com/family-therapy.html