Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bad blogger is Me

I have really been an absent blogger lately. Work has really been taking a lot out of me for the past few weeks. Friday I was able to get someone in the office to help me with one of my major problems but get this. Even he couldn't figure out how to make it work. He is supposed to make some phone calls and hopefully get back to me Monday. Meanwhile I have had to make the best of it manually which sucks. But, the job must get done.

I have had an excellent weekend though. Saturday, I dropped Steph at her boyfriend's house and headed out to do some much needed Christmas shopping. I was gone 5 hours! For a gal who does not like to shop this was a big deal. I got a lot accomplished also.

I picked up KFC for me and Joe for dinner. We managed to get the gifts out of the way before Steph got home. Today, Beth, Abby and Leah came out to visit. It was so wonderful. Leah is almost 4 months old and smiling like crazy. Abby was needing some special attention today too. I could just tell the way she was testing her Mom. So I paid a lot of attention to her. She rewarded me by being such a precious child I could hardly stand it. Of course I had my camera handy and got some good pics. Here, I'll share them with you.

IMG_5935

IMG_5936

IMG_5939

IMG_5941

IMG_5945

IMG_5947

IMG_5950

IMG_5951

IMG_5952

Then it was time to get online to see Amy and her family in Ohio.

IMG_5965

IMG_5963

Look...you can see Amy, Emmeline, Mia, Aubrella and Jeremy

IMG_5969

Papa Joe waving at the babies

IMG_5964

IMG_5973

Now if this isn't enough to make a Grandmother proud, I don't know what is!

IMG_5972

It's days like this that make me realize just how lucky I am. I have such a wonderful husband. Such a wonderful life. And I am so blessed to have great kids who have given me grandbabies galore! And that's just the start. One of these days Stephanie will have some kids of her own and I get to love them and spoil them. Ryan will someday find the right girl and hopefully will have some kids. There is so much yet to come. Some days I need to remember to stop and remember that. God has blessed me and my family and to tell you the truth I could not be happier. I mean that.....really.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you. You are such an attentive grandma. Your family is blessed to have you, too!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Angels , every one of them!

Paint Girl said...

They are so adorable and Leah is getting so big! Glad you guys got to spend the day with them!

Dusty Devoe said...

I missed you! Beautiful babies!

Scott W said...

Joe could have washed and brushed his hair!

Trailboss said...

It was clean So, plus he had been wearing the Santa hat. uuuhhhhhhhhh

Flying Lily said...

What a beautiful baby! And great looking family overall.

Lou said...

Can I come to your house for Christmas?!!?

Syd said...

Cute photos of Abby with the baby. Papa Joe looks like Santa.

Dan and Betty said...

Glad you're back and all's well. Cute pictures of Abby, especially with Joe.

We use Skype to talk to and see our grandbaby and it's great.

Dan

Jen said...

It sounds to me as if your holidays are perfect. Enjoy each day...they slip by so fast...Merry Christmas!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Was Skype invented by grandparents? Surely, it was. I love the way the dog is trying to horn in on the attention.