Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Syd wanted pictures so here we go!

When I went up to check on Jones this morning I, of course, took my camera. I did get some beautiful shots. I hope you enjoy.

IMG_7115

IMG_7116

IMG_7117

I noticed Jones was looking at something. So I looked through my lens and guess what I saw?

IMG_7120

Can you see them?

IMG_7121

IMG_7122

Aren't they gorgeous? We see deer so often out here in the country but there is something about seeing them frolic in the snow that is special.

IMG_7114

Pardon me Mom but can you go ahead and get up here and break the ice in my trough please? A little bit of grain would go a long way on a brisk morning too.

Look at her when I walk through the gate. It's like "Dang woman, it's about time"

IMG_7127

Awww Jones, you know I love ya' more than my luggage.

Well ok then

IMG_7128

Grain please?

IMG_7135

Guess I can't say that I blame her. I think I'd be wanting a bit of a sweet yummy thing right about now had I been out in the elements all night.

IMG_7119

IMG_7124

Can you see the bird in the dead tree just past the pond?

IMG_7125

I love to sit on this bench and watch the horses, well horse now. I didn't necessarily feel the need today.

IMG_7134

IMG_7138

By now I was ready to get inside and warm up.

IMG_7140

No one home there.

One more picture of the beautiful grass we have and time for the fireplace!

IMG_7142

Guess who was waiting for me when I walked in the door.

IMG_7110

Where ya been Mom? Sweet Patty.....you have my heart.

7 comments:

Pony Girl said...

That is a lot of snow! Everything looks peaceful when blanketed in white, don't you think? Except hungry Jones! She is so pretty in the snow. The deer are cool, great capture! :) Stay safe and warm!

Leann said...

Beautiful pictures. I love seeing deer here also. They are urban deer I am afraid and scared of little. But still pretty. :-)

Syd said...

Those are awesome photos. I think that the fields covered in snow are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing these. I can just feel the comfort of walking through that snow and then coming into the warm house.

Lou said...

I love the way snow makes everything look clean and fresh!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Lovely. So pretty to look at...so annoying to deal with.

Scott W said...

That close up of Jones is one of the best photographs I have ever seen. I am sending a version if you wanna change your header.

Anonymous said...

love those pictures, so beautiful! and yes, i see them deers. i love watching deer, they are so graceful and delicate. everything i'm not ;) lol