Friday, June 5, 2009

TGIF!

This has seemed like one of those weeks where an extra day is inserted but no one knows about it. Have yall ever felt like that? I am glad it is Friday. It is supposed to be a beautiful day in West Kentucky and a very nice weekend as well. I plan on spending as much time outside as possible this weekend since summer will be here soon and the heat and humidity will be so bad outside it will be hard to breath.

I thought I'd share some random photos with you.

IMG_3005

Part of the road home.

Here we have the babies when they first get into a new pasture. They have already grazed in this one this year so they didn't go running around like they usually do.

IMG_2973

IMG_2975

See how Dakota's mane has a bit of a mohawk look? Who of my horsey friends knows why?

IMG_2981

If you look closely Jones has the same type hair 'cut'

IMG_2977

The flies are horrible already this year. I might have to try some fly predators next year. I'm going to ask Paint Girl how hers worked. She used them for the first time and seems to be having luck with them.

I look forward to this weekend. Time with my family is priceless and it is what I enjoy the most.

11 comments:

Lou said...

Dakota is an Indian horse?

Kritter Keeper at Farm Tails said...

hi trailboss! i love kentucky...so glad to see you are from that special state! your ponies are cute...do they rub their manes?

Syd said...

Great photos. I love the road home.

Bill said...

I know! I know! TGIF!!!

...oh, wait. I have to work tomorrow.

Flying Lily said...

They are chewing each others' manes out??

Dusty Devoe said...

I think Flying Lily guessed! Or they are rubbing it out! Dusty did that at his other stable and I hated it. Dusty hates fly spray, so I am using Equi-Spot. We just applied his 2nd dose. The first one lasted 3 weeks on him. It is working really good. He also wears a fly sheet and mask. I am spraying skin-so-soft on the blanket. SO far so good!!!

Dan and Betty said...

The cuts are too far back on the neck to be a bridle path, so I'll go with the chewing already suggested.

Betty and I have used fly predators for five years now and swear by them. However, they have to be part of an overall management program that includes removing manure regularly, eliminating standing water, as well as the fly predators.

They won't totally eliminate flies because they breed in other sources such as dog droppings, etc., but they certainly help.

Dan

Trailboss said...

No, they didn't chew each other's manes....it was because when my non-horsey husband bought our hay ring he accidently got one that is designed for cows! Thus causing the removal of hair in that area after a winter full of eating hay. I didn't know what it was either, and had accused my dauther of cutting their manes! Our farrier was here when I mentioned it again and he explained how it happened. Ya learn something new every day!

Zanejabbers said...

I'm sure you told your daughter you were sorry to have accused her.
You have to be the only horse person I know that has two horses that are into PUNK. Any piercings.
Looking forward to pictures of the family.

Scott W said...

Hay ring? Hair removal? What?

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

I want to know why the mohawk, but I'm nowhere near a horse afficionado...

You are one lucky lady to have that road to travel down. It's absolutely gorgeous.