Thursday, February 19, 2009

Close Call

We had a close call last night. Beth called to say that she had reason to believe she might have had a miscarriage. Joe and I assured her that she would be fine no matter what the outcome. She went to her OB's office this morning for an ultrasound. Good news.......heartbeat was there and wee one was moving around. She called me shouting "we've got a heartbeat!" Quite relieved of course. I have never experienced a miscarriage so I wasn't much help to her except to tell her that I love her and everything will be OK. Sometimes that is all we can do or say.

We will keep Abby this weekend and give her a chance to get some good rest. Funny too because I had already decided this morning that I wanted Abby for the weekend. I was also thinking about how much her other grandmother is missing out on. She rarely keeps Abby overnight. I have no idea why because Abby is no trouble at all, at least to us. I can't stand for her to be away for very long, as you guys all know. Oh well, her loss I guess. And our gain!

I know some of you are a bit creeped out by the baby items to the right of this blog but you know what? Last night, when I didn't know what was going to happen, just the thought of having to take the one called "Beth's Baby" off of here was very upsetting. I am very glad to be able to leave it.

10 comments:

MichelleSG said...

Pregnancy is such a crap shoot. We had at least 3 close calls with our baby girl and really, there's not much the doctors can do, you just have to ride it out. It's so disturbing to know that it's all just up to you, the fetus, and God.
Abby's other grandma is missing out but you give that little girl enough love to more than make up for it!

Alex said...

having recently suffered a miscarriage, and am so glad to hear that your daughter saw that little heartbeat. I watch the little icons on your page, and while I feel sad for myself- the wonder of these tiny miracles also makes me smile. what joy this brings to a family- im so glad the news was good!

Trailboss said...

Alex, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Stay strong.

Syd said...

I've heard that miscarriages aren't uncommon. I'm glad that all turned out okay. It would be a sad thing to happen.

Jen said...

I'm glad things are okay. And I know you are excited to have Abby for the weekend...how exciting !

Scott W said...

A pink weekend on the way!!!

Dan and Betty said...

Good news and I love the little baby pictures on the right. It's a good reminder that they are not just blobs of tissue.

Dan

Dusty Devoe said...

So glad that everything is okay. Will keep you in my prayers.

Zanejabbers said...

Blessings abound.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

You stopped my heart there! I have had 2 miscarriages and unfortunately those were my only 2 pregnacies. Tel Beth to hang in there If there is a heartbeat at ten weeks that is GREAT news!Take good care. As far as how you handled it and what you said ,Perfect , all you can do at that time is speak from your heart .