Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Greetings from DC!

I can't tell you how excited I am to be in D.C. to witness such a historical event. I didn't tell anyone, even So, that I was going to be here. I am taking just a minute to write this and then I am off to see the new President!

I will be amongst the crowd of well wishers to see the hope and happiness in everyone's eyes. In fact I will be right up front next to Oprah and her gang. Ha Ha. Gave it away with that one didn't I? I would love to be there but I don't think I could handle the crowds. In fact I KNOW I couldn't handle the crowds. In fact I would have to pee as soon as I got to my spot. My bladder is not my best friend most times. I would have had to wear a Depends diaper in order to survive! Wouldn't that be attractive?

I wanted to take the day off and see it all unfold on TV but as it is I will rely on what is broadcast tonight. I don't think I will have any trouble finding it tonight. Let's all take a moment today and pray for our new President. He has so much on his plate already.

13 comments:

Bill said...

Punked!

Pony Girl said...

I heard a radio interview this morning ask a college student who is there where does everyone go to the bathroom? How do you supply outhouses for millions of people? Crazy! Like you, I couldn't do it, LOL! I was going to record some of it but decided to just catch up this evening, too.

Trailboss said...

I heard on the local news today they have 1 portapotty for every 5,000 ppl. Like I said, Depends for me if I were there!

Anonymous said...

Aww, you got me hook, line, sinker. You little stinker!

PS, I had a dream I was in a grocery store in Kentucky and ran into you and Steph! We had a nice chat!

Syd said...

You got me there. I thought that you were there. It would have been glorious but I have a good seat in front of the TV watching CNN.

Lou said...

I tried watching the swearing in on the Internet at work, and it was jammed up, so many people were on it. Ain't that something!

Trailboss said...

I know, Lou, me too.

Pammie said...

well I went outside in the parking lot, sat in my car and listened on the radio.
I've never missed a swearing in, in my life.

Karen said...

You had me for a minute, too. One of the perks of working at home, I got to watch everything this morning. I have so much work to do, but couldn't stay away from the t.v. What a great moment! What a country! And yes, prayers for our new prez.

Scott W said...

Didn't fool me for a minute! But I did find it clever.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Andrea said...

I was fooled!! I really believed it!! And there were a lot of people there!! It was crazy! I watched it on the tv. I love to watch his girls. They are always so proper and sweet. I want to know the secret!!

Paige said...

I watched it on my computer at work with several coworkers. It was a big day

Anonymous said...

you had me fooled (it's not hard), i am pleased that i fell for it :) thanks for that!