Monday, January 12, 2009

Close to 500!

I just noticed that I am getting closer to post #500. When I started this blog I had no idea how much time I would spend on it. I guess that is most people's story too. I doubt that I will do anything different for that post since things like that don't really mean a lot to me.

What does mean a lot to me is this precious thing

IMG_8899

Isn't she beautiful? Even though the cancer is taking away the hair and pigment on her sweet face she still takes my breath away.

IMG_8905

She is doing really well these days. We are still feeding her wet food mixed with some dry. We are trying to keep the weight on her and so far she hasn't lost any. She is still taking her medicine but otherwise she is pretty much herself. She even played a few times this past weekend. I do however miss the days that she and Sophie would go on forever playing together.

IMG_6822

We might not see many of those days again but we sure do have some great memories. Meanwhile we continue to love and spoil her in every way we can think of. She's worth it.

10 comments:

MichelleSG said...

Oh those eyes! I love boxer eyes, they are just the sweetest.
I have, on occasion, looked at my post #. I think I'm somewhere in the 400's but all that tells me is that I babble. A lot!

Syd said...

Keep spoiling her. Congrats on nearing a milemark post.

Pammie said...

Yes I have to agree....she does have the sweetest face.

Lou said...

I go back occasionaly and delete the posts I don't think were very good. I might never get to 500!

Sweet Annie.

Wait. What? said...

Dogs are the most increadible treats god has given us.

Dan and Betty said...

Well said on enjoying what you have. Too many times we focus on what we don't have or what we lost and we miss the incredible gifts we have each day.

Dan

Scott W said...

I love that picture of Annie with her nose on the chair.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I love boxers. They are so regal and sweet..all at the same time.

Jen said...

They are both really cute. I'm glad you are living in today and enjoying them.

Andrea said...

I am glad she is doing well. And I am glad she is still eating and playing a bit. It great to see her playing with her sister!! I too loved to look at pictures of the girls running around and trying to get the horses all going!!