Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tomorrow!!!

Tomorrow my daughter just might be able to find out if she is having a boy or a girl. How exciting! Hopefully the little one will cooperate and show his/her stuff so we can know. I never did want to know the sex of my babies before they were born. I could have found out with my daughter but I choose to not know. I knew in my mind what they were. Mother's intuition I guess, that or just good luck.

My son is now in his own apt and is doing well. He is gainfully employed and looking for another part time job in order to build up some money. So far he is really enjoying it. His room at home no longer has a bed or his things in it but it was time for him to be on his own.

Steph and I are doing well. She made a from scratch chocolate cake the other night that is to die for. I'm not much of a sweet eater but good gosh this cake is good. I'll be glad when it's all gone so I won't be tempted anymore! She has been cooking up a storm lately and doing a good job if I do say so myself.

Pattykins is doing well but Sophie is not. She has really bad arthritis in her back leg up into her hip and spine. We continue to give her the medicine to help with it but it isn't doing much good. I am going to have a really really hard decision to make soon. I told Steph that there is no way I can make that decision during the holidays. It is just too sad. Sophie still wants to play and has started the funniest way of talking and howling. She loves her pretties (toys) and of course we continue to spoil her and her sister rotten. I dread the day as I know it is coming sooner than later but that is part of being a responsible pet owner. She will let me know when it is time just like my Annie did. Until then I am going to get every loving minute with her that I can.

This past year has been a hard one for me and my family as well as a lot of other people I know. I don't know what's going but there seems to be trouble and heartache everywhere people turn. I am thankful to have found the strength to get through it and continue to put one foot in front of the other and do what I can. The rest, well, I just can't do anything about it. I miss my grandchildren so much but have come to accept that they will not be a part of my life anymore. It is sad for them (and me of course) but I have to respect their mothers decisions. I would never dream of disrespecting them like that. Before long I will have my own grandbaby that no one will ever be able to take from me. That in itself has gotten me through this rough time.

I have an electrician scheduled to come to the house next week and update all of the electrical system. He is going to change it from 100amp to 200amp with breakers, not the fuses that I have now. It is a huge safety concern for me and even though it will cost a fortune to have completed it is worth it. After all, safety does come first!

UGH, I have not done ANY Christmas shopping yet. I do know what I am going to get it is just a matter of getting to the stores to get them. The tree is up and the living room is filled with stockings on every wall. Naturally the dogs have stockings too. Treats and pretties for them. Meanwhile yall be good and keep the holiday cheer. Smile when you see a complete stranger. I try to do that all of the time and I get so many smiles back. I just think it makes the world a happier place.

No comments: