Saturday, December 17, 2011

Is it really almost Christmas?

I dare say that it is! I have some serious shopping to do. I have a good idea what I am buying I just need to do it. Me thinks I'm going to be very busy this week. At least the tree is up and beautiful.

My son is thriving in his new apartment and his new job. I visited him today and I was very impressed. He has it looking very nice and homey. He is such a good person and is well on his way to a new and sober life. I don't think I could be more proud of him.

My daughter is 21 weeks pregnant with my precious grandbaby. She is also doing very well. I have so much to be thankful for. I continue to miss my grandkids so much but it is what it is. I can't control their mother's decisions to keep me out of their lives. All I can do is continue to pray for them and their families. I will never stop loving them no matter what. I miss my Abby so much. I was just getting to know my sweetness Leah when all of this happened this year.

I love my new house. I don't even miss the old one. Too many memories there. I am making new memories as a single woman. Occasionally I hear from the gentleman who has my last horse Jones. She is doing very well. I am happy that I was able to find her a good home where she has made new horsey friends. She had been so lonely since I sold Dakota. Horses are herd animals and do so much better with other equines around.

My sweet dogs give me so much love and happiness. Sophie isn't doing any better with her arthritis. I dread the decision I will have to make soon. I can't make it during the holidays. That is probably selfish of me but I just can't do it. We just keep spoiling her and I spend a lot of one on one time with her.

I have wanted to post more often but after working on a computer all day and such a busy life I haven't seemed to find the time. I'm going to work on that. I can't remember the last time I posted a new picture. My blog used to be mostly pictures and I miss that.

So for now I will say Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

1 comment:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

So glad you have opened up to let us post again. I so wanted to let you know I am here reading and caring