Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring is in the air, finally

We got back home from Ohio yesterday. While I am working on the over 2000 pictures I took while there, I thought I would share a bit of excitement. I wanted to turn Jones out before we left for vacation but I was afraid that once she got a taste of the delicious and fresh green grass in one of our other pastures, she would try her best to get over or through the fence while we were gone and hurt herself. So today was the day she got to kick up her heels and munch on some goodness.

IMG_8951

Naturally the girls went with us

IMG_8952

Jones was happy to see us

IMG_8954

While Joe and the girls walked to the mailbox, I opened the gate to the front pasture.

IMG_8956

IMG_8961

At first all she wanted to do was eat. Eat here, walk over a few feet and eat some more. Then all of a sudden she just took off

IMG_8966

IMG_8967

IMG_8969

IMG_8971

IMG_8972

IMG_8973

I think this was about when the girls realized what Jones was doing

IMG_8974

Patty is getting her first taste of running with Jones in the springtime!

IMG_8975

IMG_8978

IMG_8979

You could hear her blowing from a mile away!

IMG_8980

Meanwhile, the girls were having some fun of their own

IMG_8990

IMG_8991

IMG_8992

IMG_8994

Here she goes again....running

IMG_8996

IMG_8997

The girls started running toward the pond. Joe and I both hollered "NO!" They finally stopped just before then rounded the turn.

IMG_8998

IMG_8999

As we started toward the house I couldn't help but spy this huge bird hovering over us.

IMG_9006

IMG_9008

IMG_9009

Jones could care less. She was too busy eating

IMG_9013

All all is right in the world. It feels so good to be home. I will post some pictures of my precious grandkids in the next few days. That is, once I get them loaded, cropped and just how I want them. Believe me, you will love em'

7 comments:

Dan and Betty said...

Great pictures. It's always fun to watch a horse kick up her heels.

Your bird looks like a Turkey Vulture to me.

Dan

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I love watching a horse when it's feelin' frisky in the fields.

And can I just say that's a lot of dandelions you have there?

Trailboss said...

I know Hula. Our yard is FULL of them! Joe commented today as we pulled into the driveway about getting an estimate of what it would cost to spray the lawn to kill them. They are most annoying!

Carroll Farm said...

What beautiful pictures! I can't wait to see the pics of the grandkids.

Paint Girl said...

Jones looks like she was having a grand ole time!! I love it when the horses get turned out for the first time, they just go crazy!!
Excellent pictures!!
The pups look like they had a blast too!!

Her Big Sad said...

How fun! Everyone looks like they were truly kicking up their heels and enjoying spring! Thanks for sharing these pictures! I love them!

Syd said...

I like the photos of Jones running. Very nice.