Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Columbus Zoo

Sunday, we piled in 2 cars and took off for the zoo. It was a gorgeous day in Ohio, much warmer than normal. Indeed a perfect day to spend outdoors.

IMG_8218

IMG_8220

There is Aubriella sporting her sunglasses. Emmeline is behind her in the same stroller.

IMG_8221

Mia wearing her sunglasses too. How many almost 2 yr olds do you know that actually will wear their glasses for hours on end?

IMG_8223

I thought flamingos were pink. Silly me, those are the plastic ones that go in the yard.

IMG_8225

IMG_8227

We didn't stay long at the gator. He was sleeping.

IMG_8228

Touching all kinds of sea critters. The girls weren't scared at all

IMG_8230

IMG_8233

IMG_8240

Even Emme liked to touch

IMG_8243

Then we turned our attention to this

IMG_8244

See the worker coming down to feed/clean the tank? It scared the twins so much that they didn't really care to get close to anything with glass in front of it for the rest of the day!

IMG_8246

I waved at him

IMG_8247

He was right nice and waved back.

IMG_8250

Just gorgeous and BIG fish

IMG_8254

Aubie actually touched the snake. Joe, Jeremy and myself stayed back, way back from it.

IMG_8268

Amy & Joe

IMG_8274

They went ahead and took the girls outside the reptile house as they were not happy campers. It must be the glass. Or they are smarter that I thought and wanted nothing to do w/snakes

IMG_8275

IMG_8277

IMG_8276

These little gold frogs remind me of the frogs my brothers used to catch at the lake and throw them back in. They said they looked like naked ladies. I never did get it.

IMG_8281

Oh My....was I ever glad I had a zoom lens on the camera

IMG_8288

Past the giant turtles. I wonder how old they are?

IMG_8290

By this time Emme was taking a much needed nap

IMG_8294

We stopped to grab some lunch. I'm not sure what Joe is doing here. There really is no telling with him!

IMG_8299

Now I ask you.....do these two look like they are having a big ole time or what?

IMG_8305

Aubriella and her daddy, Jeremy

Mia and Aunt Stephy

IMG_8309

Silly Aubie

IMG_8310

IMG_8314

It is amazing how happy these girls are. Here Mia is trying to say Ganma

IMG_8316

Her Papa Joe decides she needs bigger shades

IMG_8317

IMG_8318

I sure was hoping this gorgeous gal would get up but she never did. That sun felt good to her also

IMG_8322

This is a bust of Colo

IMG_8324

She is only 1 year older than me!

IMG_8328

This isn't her, she is inside. These were some younger gorillas. They were so interesting to watch. Reminded me so much of humans. I think they get that a lot.

IMG_8329

IMG_8332

How very true this is

IMG_8333

IMG_8335

There she is. Colo

IMG_8343

IMG_8346

IMG_8348

It was difficult to get a good shot. No flash was too dark and with flash showed the glass.

IMG_8354

Of course there is a class clown in every bunch!

IMG_8359

What a strange animal

IMG_8362

IMG_8367

Aubie and Mia took a small break and played in this little thing. I'm not sure what it is

IMG_8370

Then we headed over to the Merry Go Round

IMG_8376

IMG_8384

IMG_8385

Mia just could not decide which horse to ride. She had to try them all!

IMG_8387

Amy and Mia

IMG_8389

IMG_8390

Mia is still switching horses. The ride is about to start!

IMG_8391

She finally settled in on the very first one she sat on. Next to her sister

IMG_8393

IMG_8394

IMG_8397

Emmeline enjoyed watching her sisters ride the Merry Go Round

IMG_8441

Joe and I decided to ride it with them

IMG_8444

Look how happy Joe is

IMG_8448

I was a bit tickled to be there too.

IMG_8450

I am drunk on love

IMG_8451

IMG_8452

We're telling secrets

IMG_8454

Meanwhile Aubie is ready to ride!

IMG_8458

But Mia was up to her old tricks

IMG_8459

IMG_8469

Once again she couldn't decide which horse to ride

IMG_8473

Hey, get this thing going!

IMG_8477

I tried the ole smootchie on the neck to make Mia giggle. It worked for a couple of minutes

IMG_8482

At this point my back was breaking from picking my little sweetie up and down on numerous horses. I think I was looking back to Joe for help

IMG_8483

Then we decided to switch grandkids. Mia and Joe have a very close relationship and he was able to settle her down a bit quicker than me. That, plus the ride started.

IMG_8486

IMG_8487

IMG_8490

IMG_8494

The girls were all getting tired so they decided to take them home for a nap. Joe, Steph and I stayed behind to see a few more sites. Stephanie really wanted to see a cheetah but they didn't have any there. She was disappointed but I did buy her a nice stuffed one that she loves.

We had such a wonderful day. Memories to last a lifetime. And as you can see, LOTS of pictures!

5 comments:

Syd said...

How great that they enjoyed the sea critters. They are fascinating to most people.

Zanejabbers said...

My how those kids have grown up inthe past year. Love the picture of your two girls at the start of your blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Dan and Betty said...

Great pictures. It looks as if everyone had a great time.

Dan

Annsterw said...

Looks like an awesome, fun-filled day!!!!!
Love the Columbus zoo!!!!!!!!

Scott W said...

That drunk with love picture is great!

Mike and Gary B used to throw those little frogs into the lake and watch them swim back, when they were flying through the air they said they looked like naked ladies. That's what straight guys do, think about women.