Saturday, November 21, 2009

Steph and I had such a good time

with each other last night. Joe got us 2 tickets to the New Moon matinee. I picked her up at school, took her boyfriend home and came on home.

IMG_5809

She said her hair looked awful so she put a book in front of her face. **sigh** That's her boyfriend beside her and her good friend Nicki to the right. She's the really short one.

I got wonderful birthday cards from Joe and Steph and tickets for the 5:35pm showing. I also got a new cellphone. We are changing our service to Smartalk. Steph has it and it works great. Cheaper and no contract.

After the movie Stephanie and I ate at Olive Garden. It was really good. I had only eaten there once before with some insurance gals years ago. We had a fabulous time. Our waiter was wonderful (gay of course) and made us laugh. She and I had planned for months to see the premier of the movie and I was tickled to death that it worked out like it did. I don't think it could have gone any better. Oh, and the movie was good. Reeeaaallllly good.

While I was in Mayfield I had my license renewed at the county courthouse. It is a very old building so when I was through I wandered onto the grounds and got some pictures.

IMG_5796

IMG_5800

IMG_5789

IMG_5793

Just gorgeous

IMG_5791

Look....I didn't realize there was a shop named after me here.

IMG_5808

This holly was really pretty.

IMG_5802

IMG_5806

I tell ya what. I had a perfect birthday. I was off of work with pay, relaxed a bit, but most of all I spent it with my loved ones. It just doesn't get any better than that.

11 comments:

Dan and Betty said...

Happy Birthday Sugar -- or is it Spice?

Lovely pictures. I do miss Holly trees living in New Mexico, but I wouldn't move now for anything.

Dan

Dusty Devoe said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great night. I can't wait to see the movie!

MichelleSG said...

Perfect, happy birthday!

Scott W said...

Sugar and spice? Bwahahahahaha!!!

Glad your day was special. I used to drive by the court house on my way back to school.

Callie Brady said...

Happy Birthday to You! Glad you had such a wonderful day!

Syd said...

It sounds like a perfect day. Glad that it was a good Birthday!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Happy belated birthday!!!

Lou said...

Those old fashioned buildings make me nostalgic..

Glad you had a great day;)

Karen said...

Happy Bday, TB! Very cool pictures. I love seeing old buildings and that one is really beautiful.

Jen said...

Hope your birthday was perfect....it sounds as if it was...

Carroll Farm said...

Happy Birthday! It has been a week since your post. I hope that you are out having a good time with all those gorgeous grandkids of yours!! :)