Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Well well well

Guess who I ran into this morning? I happened to decide to go by the local Hardee's for a breakfast item. When I pulled into the parking lot I saw a truck that looked familiar. The license plate read CROME1. I proceeded through the drive-thru all the while hoping the orders in front of me would be precooked so I could look into the restaurant. When I finally got to the window there I saw him. He sat there sporting his neck brace (imagine that) with a 7 or 8yr old boy. It was Steph's dad Tom. I got my food and whipped into the first parking spot I could find. I walked in totally ignoring him (he was sitting to the right of the door) and went into the ladies room. I wanted to make sure that he saw me first. When I came out of the restroom I walked directly to his table. I said hello to the unfortunate child eating biscuits and gravy with him. Then I said "When do you plan on calling your daughter?" He started to say that she told him she didn't want to talk to him blah blah blah. I decided then to be sure my voice was heard by the sweet older men who have coffee in there every morning. I didn't yell, I was just louder than normal. I said "A real man would call anyway. Would see what he could do to fix the problem." He started to stammer for a remark but I turned on my heel and headed for the door. Then I said again "A real man will call his daughter no matter what, not wait for months" and I walked out of the door and never looked back.

Oh, and get this. Tom was in his pajamas.......in the restaurant in his pajamas. Huh? What the? He can't throw on a teeshirt and jeans?

I am also wondering who that boy was and why he was with Tom. Tom likes small boys. You know what I mean. I can't prove it but I know what he went through as a small child and how he was sexually abused and that he never even tried to get help for it. I have a good mind to check at his house to make sure this boy isn't the son of someone he is dating/living with. If so I will inform the mother of what I know. As a mother I feel/I know it is my duty to do so.

7 comments:

Syd said...

I hope today is a better day with less turmoil.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Yikes! Sounds like he needs some serious intervention. You do have your hands full don't you!

MichelleSG said...

Oh you have to make sure that boy is safe. It's not his fault his parents obviously have no idea how to keep him safe.

Christina said...

how but making an anoymous call to the police??

Scott W said...

Oh my. What a weird situation, and probably painful in some way for that child.

Dusty Devoe said...

You do what you need to do. Be careful and safe. Seriously, PJ'S?

Vintage Chicken said...

Wow! You go girl!