Saturday, October 3, 2009

Today

I almost mowed the entire yard today. Had I not been about to fall asleep at the wheel I would have finished it. We mow about 4 acres and it does take a while to complete. I finally stopped at about 4pm and came in the house headed straight for the bed for a much needed nap. I slept until almost 7pm. I think the week had caught up with me. I just love waking up and knowing that I don't have to get up if I don't want to. I have started to need more and more naps as I get older. My brother says they are good for a body. I know when I have taken them lately I have felt much better. Not all groggy and misplaced like I used to.

So I have been looking and thinking of names for the new pup. I have come up with a few. Bella, Ella, Emma, Lady, Maddy, Baby, Ava, Presley, Milly and Carly. I like a 2 syllable name for a pet. I have heard it is easier for them to learn, plus it will give Joe a chance to add neat things to her name like he did/does to Annie and Sophie. He used to call Annie, Annie get your go gos, then it was shortened to Go go, then Annie Go. Sophie is Sophie Bo Bo, or just plain Bo. At first I thought it was a really strange thing to do but it quickly became fun and very charming for me.

So, what do you think of these names? I am not favoring one over the other necessarily. She will probably do like Syd said and name herself. Geez yall, Monday can't get here fast enough!

12 comments:

Karen said...

I'd love to give you a "puppy shower" but it sounds like you have everything you need.

I like Bella. How cute is that? My second choice is Milly.

dAAve said...

I don't know.

Dusty Devoe said...

I like them all. I have such a hard tome coming up with a name. You have a great start. See what fits her personality when you get her home. She just might surprise you!!!

Scott W said...

I would like the name Sidney. Sidney and Sophie.

Anonymous said...

I like Emma, has that old fashioned charm. I like Scott's too. Sidney is nice.

Callie Brady said...

We always add rhyming words on to our pets names. It makes talking to them a lot more fun for both of us. Being silly and having fun is a good thing. Smiles

Alex said...

I like Gracie (or Grace)

Syd said...

Well, I had a Bella. I also had a Daisy, Tilly, Haley, Cissy, and Isabelle. I have an Emily, Amelia, and Clara right now. Clara is cute because she is also Clara Belle. And Amelia is Mealy Bug when she is being funny.

Enjoy your new baby. It will be a joyous day.

Dan and Betty said...

I sure understand about needing more and more rest. I totally relate.

Good luck on the name.

Dan

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Oh I like Bella.

But I kinda like the matchy names too, Sidney and Sophie sounds good together.

Our red heeler's name is The Red Dog. I tried a few different names out on him when we got him, he came with the name Cody-but didn't know it. We called him the red dog for so long it dawned on us one day that that had officially become his name.

I hope the thought of a new family member has to help make Joe feel a little better.

Anonymous said...

I like "Maddy". It sounds like it would fit a bouncy pup. I hope Joe bounces back soon, as well.

Jen said...

Have u left us hanging?