Tuesday, May 25, 2010

OUCH

I have had kind of a crick in my neck for about 2 weeks now. It really is more like I slept wrong and that side of my neck down to the shoulder area hurts. REALLY hurts. Ryan massaged it really well the other night when he was at the house. How I long for a professional massage. If anyone has any ideas on how I can get some relief please share immediately! I'm a hurtin' I have some muscle relaxers at home but when I take one I get so sleepy I can't work. I end up getting so sleepy and that is not a good idea at work. I wonder if heat would help? I might try the heating pad tonight. Come on friends.......do a gal a favor and share share share ideas!

Stephanie is thoroughly enjoying being out of school. She has slept and slept and then slept again. Then she took some naps. Last night I gave her some chores to accomplish today. We'll see how that works out.

Joe has been visiting Bill at the hospital daily. It is so amazing to see how well he is doing. Bill that is. When I think of how close he was to death just a couple of weeks ago and how he looks and acts now it is an absolute miracle. A miracle from God for sure. Bill has arranged for after care for himself as Joe just can't handle it again. We will, of course, bring him home if the after care doesn't work out. Bill has made a lot of mistakes in his life but you know what, who hasn't? He has recovered from several surgeries at our house in the past few years. What's one more time!

Steph's boyfriend of 2 1/2 yrs abruptly broke up with her last week, 3 days before school ended. I don't want to get into it here because she would be very upset. But Joe and I have tried to help her through it. Her friends at school helped more than anything. I fear now that she doesn't believe what she was told and will get back with him. It is her decision for sure. It just hurts so much to see my baby hurt. Steph thinks that I don't understand. But I dealt with a no good boyfriend in high school that I truly did love. In fact we ended up getting married years later. He is Ryan's daddy. But that marriage didn't work out. We just grew in such different ways. He has apologized for his part in the failed marriage (which was 90%!). We are still friends and truly do care for each other. I truly hope that she realizes the truth but that is up to her. It is her future and happiness. With that said that really is all that we want. For her to be happy.

I guess it is time for me to get some work done today. That is if I can stop my continual rolling of my neck trying to make it feel better. If I don't stop soon I'm going to fall on my arse when I get up from dizziness!

5 comments:

Syd said...

Have you tried a chiropractor? I found that a good one can do wonders with manipulating my neck and back.

I hope that Steph realizes she deserves better and doesn't have to settle for someone who treats her badly.

Christina said...

I was going to echo just what Syd said. Chiropractic offered me tremendous relief not long ago. I highly recommend it. Plus they have heat and roller massage that you will love.

Hugs to Steph...its tough being a teenage girl...in love no less!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I don't have any good advice on the back. All I've ever dealt with were muscle relaxers, and that didn't go well. My body doesn't like heavy drugs. My MIL used to go to the tanning bed to get all over heat relief for her back. It's a skin cancer risk but maybe not much if used for something like this.

And don't you just hate the boyfriend drama? I hate watching them get their feelings hurt, even though it's a necessary part of growing up.

Vintage Chicken said...

I recently discovered Tylenol Artheritis (sp?) for my severe aches!! It's the best!!!

Hope you can find some relief?

Watching our daughters suffer over boys/men is horrible... isn't it?

They have to live and learn on their own!

Vintage Chicken said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.