Thursday, November 4, 2010

It seems like forever!!!

Since I last posted. Our computer at home has died. I have tried everything I know myself to fix it. Thought I had it whopped but it crashed again. Where is my son in law when I need him? He's in Ohio. That's where he lives! I'm not sure if we are going to get this computer fixed here or send it to Ohio for Jeremy to work on. I, like everyone, has become so used to having online at my fingertips I miss it. I can get on here at work but not very often. They tend to frown on that item.

We are finally getting some winter type temperatures in West Kentucky the past few days. We even got a little rain yesterday. This has been the driest summer and fall since I can remember. It makes me think that the winter is going to make up for it. I just hope we don't have another ice storm like in 2009! That was horrible.

We have been doing fine. I am completely and utterly in love with my CPAP machine. I am ever so faithful to it every night which is resulting in a much happier and easier to be around Trailboss. At least that is what my family says. The night before last I didn't have the mask on properly and ended up yanking it off in my sleep. The result was horrible. I barely made it through the day I was so tired. Stephanie thought something was odd since she heard the loud snoring coming from my room. She told me that she thought to herself, "Mom isn't supposed to snore anymore?" I was sure to put it on exactly right last night and the results were amazing. I feel great today. I am so thankful to my doctor for being able to put two and two together and have this sleep apnea diagnosed.

We have had some sad news this week. The stepdad of my niece and nephews was involved in an accident in the woods which resulted in a severe head injury. He had to be life-flighted to Indiana but he didn't make it. He passed away last night. I never met him but knew of him. His name is Scott and he has overcome a lot. He had a drinking problem which he conquered. He had throat cancer which he beat and most recently he was in the hospital for a month with phenomena. Then this happened. It is a very sad situation. The family is in my prayers and would appreciate being in yours as well if you are so inclined. It is going to be rough for them.

Stephanie finally kicked her boyfriend to the curb. No need to get into the details, let's just say that Joe and I did a happy dance more than once. She has been cooking and cleaning her little fingers to the bone lately. She has planned almost all of the family dinners for the past 2 weeks or more. It is lovely to see her show an interest in something new. Pretty tasty too!


Leann said...

I had fun reading your posts and catching up with what's going on in your world. I love the horse pics especially when they got curious enough to get right up to you :-)

Enjoy your week.


Dan and Betty Cooksey said...

Good about your CPAP. Great about Stephanie's decision. Sorry about your friend.


Peruby said...

Ugh! Computer problems.

Such sad news and good news in the same post. Wishing all of you the very best.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Happy dance for you on the boyfriend issue. Prayers for you on the death...and the computer.

Oh, and let's not bring up the I.S. words. Strictly forbidden in local utility circles.

Scott W said...

Instruct Steph to wake you when you are snoring so you can adjust that CPAP machine!

Sorry for their loss.

We have glorious weather items down here in Texas.

Syd said...

Glad to read your update. Getting a good night's sleep is so important. I heard that there was snow over your way. It really is November!